And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 18, 2013, 10:00:29 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 18, 2013, 07:40:12 PM
But you chose the path of having a career and making something of your life. The path I'm on has no light at the end of the tunnel.

Why do you feel your life now is a dark tunnel you need to escape? What is going so poorly that you aren't already in a good set of circumstances?

Lettow, regarding your fear of "working hard". "Working hard" is not a definitive requirement of working well. Working efficiently is the secret. Yeah that sometimes mean working your ass off, but not always. Just start off with something (by all means, teaching English to Japense, if you seem to enjoy that), and then gravitate toward what you seem to think suits you. It is not necessary to have The Plan ready by the time you start off.  eg. I never thought I would ever have a job where the majority of my effort involves interacting with people, coordinating them, or making them do shit for me. Yet that how it has been for the few years, gradually gravitating toward that more and more as I discovered that I was considerably better at that than the IT nerds I worked with.

Point is, if you are ready to work and take responsibility, you will have no problems at work. Hell, even by being able to understand instructions and not fuck up you would rise above like a third of the workforce

Ideologue

Quote from: Tamas on July 19, 2013, 02:39:04 AM
Point is, if you are ready to work and take responsibility, you will have no problems at work. Hell, even by being able to understand instructions and not fuck up you would rise above like a third of the workforce

Tamas: born in 20th century Hungary, or a time traveler from 1950s America?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tamas

Quote from: Ideologue on July 19, 2013, 03:26:09 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 19, 2013, 02:39:04 AM

Tamas: born in 20th century Hungary, or a time traveler from 1950s America?

personal experience, at least :P I had similar worries as Lettow's before I started working (although not to this extent), then realized I can put in a better performance than a lot of other people, without even trying much. I attributed that to the idiocy of others, instead of the awesomeness of me.

Lettow77

Poor lil' white tyr  :cry:

d-don't you know that carelessness is comfort?
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

What is this b-bullshit?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

I think the dictionary should get rid of hymens.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Illinois, Florida, New York, Ohio and Colorado are clearly not pulling their weight.

Josquius

I've never even heard of Alaska.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on July 19, 2013, 05:22:01 AM
I've never even heard of Alaska.

She's more famous than a lot of the entries from larger states.

Ed Anger

Scott walker? Hilarious.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Hank Williams: rock star

Ed Anger

I had a mild infatuation with Jewel back in the day. Even with her snaggletooth.

Then I heard who will save your soul for the 250th time and my penis fell off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive