Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on July 08, 2013, 05:41:26 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 08, 2013, 04:50:28 PM
Quote from: Josephus on July 08, 2013, 04:45:40 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 08, 2013, 01:50:27 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2013, 01:38:54 PM
Man Hitler is really popular in Asia.  I can only conclude more than a few Asians hate Russians and/or Jews.  Come to think of it that is a pretty big constituency.

More seriously, I suspect they just think he's an important and iconic figure, and are unaware of or indifferent to the horror with which he's viewed in other parts of the world.

It's like some kids wearing a Mao or Che Guevera shirt. They often have no idea who these folks actually were.

edit: Nah, on second thoughts I'll delete what I said.

I just mentioned Che because he's an iconic figure commonly found on t-shirts, not because I think he's comparable to Hitler. Very few using his image as a pop icon could say exactly who he was or what he'd done.

Fair enough...PS...I have a Che shirt... ;)

I do too, I bought it for a dollar at goodwill and thought isn't capitalism grand? :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Allergies are so bad in this town right now that about 1/4 of the company is out with sinusitis/allergies. In my department alone, 3/8 are gone, and I'm struggling to get through the day.

How long until winter???
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on July 09, 2013, 08:52:34 AM
Allergies are so bad in this town right now that about 1/4 of the company is out with sinusitis/allergies. In my department alone, 3/8 are gone, and I'm struggling to get through the day.

What bullshit.  Almost as much of a shitty excuse to miss work as menstrual cramps.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on July 09, 2013, 08:49:56 AM
Quote from: Josephus on July 08, 2013, 05:41:26 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 08, 2013, 04:50:28 PM
Quote from: Josephus on July 08, 2013, 04:45:40 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 08, 2013, 01:50:27 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2013, 01:38:54 PM
Man Hitler is really popular in Asia.  I can only conclude more than a few Asians hate Russians and/or Jews.  Come to think of it that is a pretty big constituency.

More seriously, I suspect they just think he's an important and iconic figure, and are unaware of or indifferent to the horror with which he's viewed in other parts of the world.

It's like some kids wearing a Mao or Che Guevera shirt. They often have no idea who these folks actually were.

edit: Nah, on second thoughts I'll delete what I said.

I just mentioned Che because he's an iconic figure commonly found on t-shirts, not because I think he's comparable to Hitler. Very few using his image as a pop icon could say exactly who he was or what he'd done.

Fair enough...PS...I have a Che shirt... ;)

I do too, I bought it for a dollar at goodwill and thought isn't capitalism grand? :cool:

They sell them for about $25 in Cuban resorts. That's capitalism
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 09, 2013, 08:53:50 AM

What bullshit.  Almost as much of a shitty excuse to miss work as menstrual cramps.

Right now, my head feels as though it weighs 200 pounds, and my face feels completely bruised from my nose almost up to my hairline. I can barely keep my eyes open from the pain. Allergies amongst corn and soybeans is nothing to laugh at, my friend. :sleep:

garbon

:yeahright:

If you can't stop sneezing/your eyes are swollen up, what good are you?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on July 09, 2013, 08:57:38 AM

:yeahright:

If you can't stop sneezing/your eyes are swollen up, what good are you?

He's never lived in the Midwest, g. He doesn't understand.

Liep

Goddamnit, I forgot to put my middle names on my visa application and it was promptly rejected. I'm seriously considering getting rid of them as I this is not the first time I've forgotten them. Why should they clutter up my passport?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

merithyn

Quote from: Liep on July 09, 2013, 08:59:55 AM
Goddamnit, I forgot to put my middle names on my visa application and it was promptly rejected. I'm seriously considering getting rid of them as I this is not the first time I've forgotten them. Why should they clutter up my passport?

How many middle names do you have that you forget that you have them? :unsure:

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on July 09, 2013, 08:58:15 AM
Even worse down here. :bleeding:

Claritin is my friend now. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: merithyn on July 09, 2013, 09:01:59 AM

Maybe he's really Portugese?  I would definitely understand him pretending to be a Dane if that was the case.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: DGuller on July 09, 2013, 09:24:38 AM
Quote from: merithyn on July 09, 2013, 09:01:59 AM

Maybe he's really Portugese?  I would definitely understand him pretending to be a Dane if that was the case.

If he were Portuguese, he would know his middle name and most importantly use two family names.  :contract:

merithyn

Quote from: Caliga on July 09, 2013, 09:17:30 AM
Even worse down here. :bleeding:

Claritin is my friend now. :)

Neither Claritin nor Zyrtek help me. :(

Sudafed and Benedryl do, but both knock me out, so I can't take them during the day. It's fun.

CountDeMoney

Don't gimme that.  I live on the eastern seaboard, home of Doomidity air quality.

Maybe if you people coated your lungs and sinuses with a protective layer of tar like I do, you wouldn't have to worry about it.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 09, 2013, 09:32:49 AM

Don't gimme that.  I live on the eastern seaboard, home of Doomidity air quality.

Maybe if you people coated your lungs and sinuses with a protective layer of tar like I do, you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Humidity was 86% here yesterday. And again, I'm surrounded by a sea of corn and soybeans.

Did I mention the corn and soybeans? Oh yeah, and the corn and soybeans.