Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camerus

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 08, 2013, 08:09:43 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2013, 05:56:17 PM
Chicks like that typically don't howl like banshees when they get they rocks off. :thumbsdown:
You -want- a woman to cry out in delight? How revolting!

She is, after all, not supposed to be enjoying it at all; she is -debasing- herself, submitting to a horrible indignity under the terrible constraints of social expectation, personal obligation, and biological imperative. It is an ordeal. How she bears it says a lot about her, of course; a mature lady might be expected to accept it with a certain resignation. In a woman more comparatively shielded from the excesses of sin and iniquity, we could expect some degree of crying, before of afterwords.

An important take away of course is that everything is about appearances; it is unreasonable to place upon her the expectation that she not enjoy it at all, but she can at least -pretend-. (There is, indeed, an entire sublevel of erotic interplay between some amorous, indecent creature putting on an unconvincing show of horror and distaste) Shame is rightfully strongly correlated with sexuality, and can have an enhancing effect. (This is one of the primary highlights of the philosophy behind bukkake, as I believe I explained to languish some time ago.)
I think you've assimilated too much nonsense from a society that has a hard time admitting their past failures and has a deep-seated contempt for women.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on July 08, 2013, 09:43:18 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 07, 2013, 08:45:08 AM
Stars Wars as written by Shakespeare

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/low_concept/2013/07/excerpt_from_ian_doescher_s_blank_verse_william_shakespeare_s_star_wars.html

... :hmm: I think a lot more people would have died.

I don't recall Shakespeare ever using a chorus.

He does.  It's essentially the narrator.  A short example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZFngXSDD0I
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on July 08, 2013, 09:43:33 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on July 08, 2013, 08:09:43 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2013, 05:56:17 PM
Chicks like that typically don't howl like banshees when they get they rocks off. :thumbsdown:
You -want- a woman to cry out in delight? How revolting!

She is, after all, not supposed to be enjoying it at all; she is -debasing- herself, submitting to a horrible indignity under the terrible constraints of social expectation, personal obligation, and biological imperative. It is an ordeal. How she bears it says a lot about her, of course; a mature lady might be expected to accept it with a certain resignation. In a woman more comparatively shielded from the excesses of sin and iniquity, we could expect some degree of crying, before of afterwords.

An important take away of course is that everything is about appearances; it is unreasonable to place upon her the expectation that she not enjoy it at all, but she can at least -pretend-. (There is, indeed, an entire sublevel of erotic interplay between some amorous, indecent creature putting on an unconvincing show of horror and distaste) Shame is rightfully strongly correlated with sexuality, and can have an enhancing effect. (This is one of the primary highlights of the philosophy behind bukkake, as I believe I explained to languish some time ago.)
I think you've assimilated too much nonsense from a society that has a hard time admitting their past failures and has a deep-seated contempt for women.
Victorian Britain?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

I think there is a lot of weight to that argument; rejection of the horrors of egalitarian non-gendered equality can go too far in the other direction.

Still, if most people wouldn't go that far, much of the world is prepared to prefere innocence to wanton behavior.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

So I look down from the chair because I hear little mewwings (Squee!), and see GangstaKitty having one hell of a nightmare, kicking her little legs hither and thither.

I wake her up, and she's looking around like she didn't know where she was, looking around for something that wasn't there.  Poor thing was probably being chased by the goofy ass dog.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I'm not sure about the north/south distinction in the UK.
I think that's more just a type of beer thing. :hmm:

QuoteI think you've assimilated too much nonsense from a society that has a hard time admitting their past failures and has a deep-seated contempt for women.
Not even that, he's trying to mimic the ways of odd niches (do outcasts have niches?) of Japanese society.
Real Japanese girls != Japanese adult entertainment.
Heck, even the extent to which the adult entertainment girls sound like they're dying is overblown.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 08, 2013, 09:55:42 PM
I think there is a lot of weight to that argument; rejection of the horrors of egalitarian non-gendered equality can go too far in the other direction.

Still, if most people wouldn't go that far, much of the world is prepared to prefere innocence to wanton behavior.
And that's fine.  But the idea that women shouldn't enjoy sex is utterly, utterly foolish.  It flies into the face of their very biology.  The kind of men who advance that sort of thinking aren't interested in aesthetics or virtue.  They are interested in their own hatred and fear of women, and the control that they need over women to feel secure.  There's nothing wrong with encouraging modesty and class, but those of us who fight that battle must ever guard against the kind of thinking that turns women into objects rather than people.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Tyr on July 08, 2013, 10:28:22 PM
I'm not sure about the north/south distinction in the UK.
I think that's more just a type of beer thing. :hmm:

The whole of Britain is a crosshatch pattern, so I think it's just saying both are commonly used throughout.

A similar map of North/South America would be awfully boring :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on July 08, 2013, 01:50:27 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2013, 01:38:54 PM
Man Hitler is really popular in Asia.  I can only conclude more than a few Asians hate Russians and/or Jews.  Come to think of it that is a pretty big constituency.

More seriously, I suspect they just think he's an important and iconic figure, and are unaware of or indifferent to the horror with which he's viewed in other parts of the world.

It's like some kids wearing a Mao or Che Guevera shirt. They often have no idea who these folks actually were.

I know.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 08, 2013, 07:28:19 PM
I part the Red Sea.

The blood is fine, who cares, but the smell can be unpleasant.  And I smoke: that's like a man with ten percent vision in one eye critiquing your photography.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2013, 09:27:52 PM
Quote from: fhdz on July 08, 2013, 09:26:59 PM
She never menstruates; she's pregnant all the time.

This is true.  After all, you've never seen a Tribble wear a Tampax.

:lmfao:
and the horse you rode in on

Josquius

This ongoing Zimmerman case. I'm always surprised to see a picture of Zimmerman, the name just brings to mind an angry old guy, not a youngish guy. All angry old guys have to start somewhere of course but....its just such an old man name
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2013, 08:43:23 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 08, 2013, 07:28:19 PM
I part the Red Sea.

Barf.  Bet you wear the war paint too, Dances With Menstruation.

Me big chief. Have strong medicine.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive