The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Malthus on July 08, 2013, 04:50:28 PM
Quote from: Josephus on July 08, 2013, 04:45:40 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 08, 2013, 01:50:27 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2013, 01:38:54 PM
Man Hitler is really popular in Asia.  I can only conclude more than a few Asians hate Russians and/or Jews.  Come to think of it that is a pretty big constituency.

More seriously, I suspect they just think he's an important and iconic figure, and are unaware of or indifferent to the horror with which he's viewed in other parts of the world.

It's like some kids wearing a Mao or Che Guevera shirt. They often have no idea who these folks actually were.

edit: Nah, on second thoughts I'll delete what I said.

I just mentioned Che because he's an iconic figure commonly found on t-shirts, not because I think he's comparable to Hitler. Very few using his image as a pop icon could say exactly who he was or what he'd done.

Fair enough...PS...I have a Che shirt... ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

I heard a story once, that is supposedly true, the guy who wrote Life of Pi told me it--I'd name drop but I can't remember his name--anyways, he told me that in Japan girls were taught the Holocaust using Anne Frank's diary. The one thing that the girls really liked though, was how frank (heh) Anne Frank was about menstruation. So that it was common for Japanese girls to tell other girls..."I just had my Anne Frank."

Yann Martel...that's it.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

that isn't attractive at all! Any step down the road of frank self-disclosure about one's bodily functions is a peril. Pure maidens should be ashamed to tears about their menstruation, gradually mellowing into a knowing acceptance of one's weak imperfections that renders them modest and reserved in other aspects of life.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 08, 2013, 05:48:15 PM
that isn't attractive at all! Any step down the road of frank self-disclosure about one's bodily functions is a peril. Pure maidens should be ashamed to tears about their menstruation, gradually mellowing into a knowing acceptance of one's weak imperfections that renders them modest and reserved in other aspects of life.

Chicks like that typically don't howl like banshees when they get they rocks off. :thumbsdown:

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2013, 05:56:17 PM

Chicks like that typically don't howl like banshees when they get they rocks off. :thumbsdown:

I'm not sure that Lettow really that much into chicks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

I agree with you here dude.  Women may NOT have bodily functions of any kind. :x
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2013, 05:56:17 PM

You -want- a woman to cry out in delight? How revolting!

She is, after all, not supposed to be enjoying it at all; she is -debasing- herself, submitting to a horrible indignity under the terrible constraints of social expectation, personal obligation, and biological imperative. It is an ordeal. How she bears it says a lot about her, of course; a mature lady might be expected to accept it with a certain resignation. In a woman more comparatively shielded from the excesses of sin and iniquity, we could expect some degree of crying, before of afterwords.

An important take away of course is that everything is about appearances; it is unreasonable to place upon her the expectation that she not enjoy it at all, but she can at least -pretend-. (There is, indeed, an entire sublevel of erotic interplay between some amorous, indecent creature putting on an unconvincing show of horror and distaste) Shame is rightfully strongly correlated with sexuality, and can have an enhancing effect. (This is one of the primary highlights of the philosophy behind bukkake, as I believe I explained to languish some time ago.)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 08, 2013, 08:09:43 PM

And flop around like a speared jellyfish.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2013, 08:11:25 PM

Jellyfish don't look like they could flop, speared or not.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 08, 2013, 07:28:19 PM
I part the Red Sea.

Barf.  Bet you wear the war paint too, Dances With Menstruation.

Jacob

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 08, 2013, 08:40:37 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2013, 08:11:25 PM

Jellyfish don't look like they could flop, speared or not.

You need to wield the spear with sufficient vigour.

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2013, 08:43:23 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 08, 2013, 07:28:19 PM
I part the Red Sea.

Barf.  Bet you wear the war paint too, Dances With Menstruation.

She never menstruates; she's pregnant all the time.
and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fhdz on July 08, 2013, 09:26:59 PM
She never menstruates; she's pregnant all the time.

This is true.  After all, you've never seen a Tribble wear a Tampax.