News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2013, 07:06:14 AM
Awww, how cute;  Paradox Forums thinks it's people.

I have to say after spending years in our semi-controlled anarchy, I'm not sure why anyone would want to be on p'dox ot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: Kleves on July 07, 2013, 03:53:09 PM
QuoteWell, here's a sobering, yet not surprising, information bomb you can absorb as you clean up breakfast eaten on your Ikea dishes at your Ikea table and then sit back in your Ikea chair and prop your feet up on your Ikea coffee table. In 2012, Ikea used 17.8 million cubic yards of wood while manufacturing the roughly 100 million products they sell each year, which comes out to roughly one percent of the world's commercial wood supply. That's enough wood to build a stairway to the moon and a corkscrew slide back to earth, with enough left over to build a three-season lunar gazebo. We think. Science is tricky.

Ikea uses wood?  :huh:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Maladict on July 08, 2013, 07:42:26 AM
Quote from: Kleves on July 07, 2013, 03:53:09 PM
QuoteWell, here's a sobering, yet not surprising, information bomb you can absorb as you clean up breakfast eaten on your Ikea dishes at your Ikea table and then sit back in your Ikea chair and prop your feet up on your Ikea coffee table. In 2012, Ikea used 17.8 million cubic yards of wood while manufacturing the roughly 100 million products they sell each year, which comes out to roughly one percent of the world's commercial wood supply. That's enough wood to build a stairway to the moon and a corkscrew slide back to earth, with enough left over to build a three-season lunar gazebo. We think. Science is tricky.

Ikea uses wood?  :huh:

Well yes, those boards are made with wood fibers.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Asian do sure smoke a lot.

I guess it's good that mongolia can find something to be nationalistic about.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

http://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/u/boozemap.pdf

Gotta support the locals. Unless you happen to live in Missouri, Colorado or Wisconsin.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

I just realized New Jersey's is Jagermeister.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

I like the Oklahoma one. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 08, 2013, 11:54:45 AM
http://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/u/boozemap.pdf

Gotta support the locals. Unless you happen to live in Missouri, Colorado or Wisconsin.

They have Hoppin' Frog for Ohio?  Lame.  Should be Great Lakes, no question.

They definitely got Indiana right with Three Floyds and Michigan with Bells.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on July 08, 2013, 11:11:01 AM
Quote from: The Larch on July 08, 2013, 10:59:27 AM
In Mongolia they have a neo nazi environmentalist party...  :huh:

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/07/a-mongolian-neo-nazi-environmentalist-walks-into-a-lingerie-store-in-ulan-bator/100547/

As if Chimedbaatar in pic 16 actually earned that Ritterkreuz :rolleyes:

I thought the stuffed blue dog on the desk at the HQ in picture 3 was a nice touch.

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on July 08, 2013, 10:59:27 AM
In Mongolia they have a neo nazi environmentalist party...  :huh:

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/07/a-mongolian-neo-nazi-environmentalist-walks-into-a-lingerie-store-in-ulan-bator/100547/

"Tsagaan Khass" - sounds like a character from the Star Wars expanded universe.

And this picture looks like something out of Borderlands. :P

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on July 08, 2013, 01:00:42 PM
I thought the stuffed blue dog on the desk at the HQ in picture 3 was a nice touch.

Gotta have something to help pass the time in between unofficial mine inspections.

Zanza

Quote from: garbon on July 08, 2013, 07:08:32 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2013, 07:06:14 AM
Awww, how cute;  Paradox Forums thinks it's people.

I have to say after spending years in our semi-controlled anarchy, I'm not sure why anyone would want to be on p'dox ot.
To discuss German or EU politics for example. Much bigger audience for that than here. So if they ban that, it's much less interesting for me.

Caliga

BREAKING:  Texas Gov. Rick Perry won't seek re-election.

:(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points