And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

I saw a headline at the BBC:

US bloggers banned from entering UK

I thought that was a policy that I could get behind and that there was much we Americans could learn from our British cousins.  :bowler:

Unfortunately, according to the article, it was only two specific bloggers who were banned; not all of them.  Albion has let me down again.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Razgovory

There is a bird in the ventilation ducts but I have no idea how to get it out or even where it is.

Also, Cal needs to change his avatar. I keep thinking he is Peter Wiggin.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 26, 2013, 10:31:35 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 26, 2013, 10:19:58 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 26, 2013, 10:18:54 AM
A complete failure of Rick Perry's leadership last night.  Usually that would fill me with contempt and loathing but it was just so incredible that his people failed to pass the abortion bill that I find myself more amused than anything else.  It seems they were totally caught by surprise there is such a thing as pro-choice people so the whole thing turned into a cluster-f*%&.  Anyway rare victory for Liberal Texans last night, how bizarre.

Fuck him and his special sessions, like nobody's paying attention.  That shit last night was glorious.

:thumbsup:

Perry is calling another special session.  Surely he cannot blow a slamdunk bill like this twice...but it's Perry so he probably will and it will be hilarious.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

frunk

He was at our local public library recently.  Texas Gov. Rick Perry To Speak Monday At Stamford's Ferguson Library.  I really don't know what he thinks he's doing in CT, but I was tempted to stop by to see the craziness.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2013, 03:26:19 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 26, 2013, 02:13:30 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 26, 2013, 02:03:08 PM
I know it's all you breeders' greatest moment of your life and all that and I appreciate that shit, I really do, but it doesn't change the fact that childbirth is gross as all balls.

Somehow, I didnt notice the gross part at all.

Then you're a better man than I, because I certainly noticed how gross it was.

Sigh - I guess I get to go through that one more time in a few months...

The second time around I was so entranced with the little guy that my wife had to shout "Hey, over here!  Let me take a look at him!"  She was under the impression that because she had done all the work she had some order of precedence.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

What ever you do don't give him some ghey ass French name like Francis.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 26, 2013, 06:09:17 PM
He's born!
:cheers: Now, give your girlfriend a couple of months of rest before starting the next one.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

sbr

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Marc Rich just died in Switzerland, taking the secret of Vincent Foster's death with him to the grave.

RIP