News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Food Standards Agency, yet another govt. body called the F.S.A., growing up we had an expression that summed them up well, Sweet F*** All.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Went by the Wiener Staatsoper and bought a cheap last minute ticket. Placido Domingo played Simon Boccanegra in Verdi's opera of the same name. Also, Maija Kovalevska. :mmm: I'm a fan.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Placido Domingo as Maija was hot?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

mongers

Quote from: Habbaku on February 17, 2013, 06:11:03 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-russian-drivers-have-dash-cams-2012-12

Russia is so fucked up.

Hey, don't knock it, it gave us those marvellous videos of the meteor strike on Chelyabinsk

Ed Anger

Yes, from the Daily Fail.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

I'm strangely tempted to buy this album:

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Phillip V

Business executive slaps a woman's toddler, calling it n***** during airplane flight: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/man-slapped-infant-plane-belligerent-mom-article-1.1266519

PDH

All children on airplanes should be slapped.  Then they should not be allowed to board.

Hell, on my flight back from Frankfurt to Denver there was some German kid who cried the whole way.  I wish a drunken Idahoan businessman had been there to deck him.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Just got back from seeing Seth Myers at the local university*.  Not a bad stand-up routine for someone's who's more of a comedy writer.

*Nice to see that, even 20 years later, an entire new generation of freshmen still think patchouli oil somehow covers up the smell of marijuana.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on February 17, 2013, 09:43:02 PM
All children on airplanes should be slapped.  Then they should not be allowed to board.

Hell, on my flight back from Frankfurt to Denver there was some German kid who cried the whole way.  I wish a drunken Idahoan businessman had been there to deck him.

I'm the first in line in the anti-other-peoples'-kids crowd, but putting your hands on someone else's child is a distinct no-no.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2013, 10:41:36 PM
Just got back from seeing Seth Myers at the local university*.  Not a bad stand-up routine for someone's who's more of a comedy writer.
Weekend Updaters are usually quite strong.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.