News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/this-dude-was-arrested-for-hitting-his-boyfriend-with-a-plat

QuoteMan Arrested For Hitting His Boyfriend With A Plate Because He Listens To Too Much Alanis Morissette

Allen Blair Casey was arrested by Duval County cops in Jacksonville, Florida last October after he threw a plate at his boyfriend's face for listening to too much Alanis Morisette. According to cops, when asked why he did it, Casey said:

I'd better watch out. :ph34r:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2013, 11:53:09 AM

Really do you date psychotics  ? :unsure:

I think Alanis Morissette is a side issue, if it wasn't that it would be because "HE CUTS HIS NAILS ALL THE TIME"

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Besides, garbo rotates in some Fiona occasionally.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

There's a 5th Die Hard coming out Thursday? No one told me that.

Bought a sliding door today, things are expensive.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 12, 2013, 10:29:50 PM

Duh, don't you read the movie thread?  My spooge from Bruce Willis killing Russians is all over it.

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 12, 2013, 10:32:55 PM

Duh, don't you read the movie thread?  My spooge from Bruce Willis killing Russians is all over it.

It depends, I tend to skip it over when Ide post reviews of old retarted movies.

I totally miss it.

LaCroix

Quote from: Neil on February 10, 2013, 06:31:31 PM
I don't think it's unreasonable to think that somebody watching Alien3 might have some experience with Alien and Aliens, and so I don't think it's unreasonable to view the third movie through the lens of the first two.  I also don't think that it's reasonable to expect people to overlook what you refer to as 'obvious flaws' when reviewing or recommending movies to others.  Indeed, to do so would be counterproductive.

Do I hate the third movie as much as I used to?  No, but then again I've had five subpar movies to get used to the rough love that the franchise has gotten.  In my mind, the comics are the definitive sequel to Aliens.

oh, certainly. someone watching alien 3 should first have watched the first two, else it may seem a bit odd; the emotional ending would not nearly pack its punch. however, that does not mean the viewer should get so upset toward the removal of two members of the previous film. unfortunately, we did not have true non-ripley human survivors to become emotionally invested in from the first. the cat had a nice send-off, but the story also allowed it. i think having the ship malfunction due to an alien presence aboard, and the escape pod landing on an unknown and strange world served as a fine start to alien 3. except you had to find a way to remove the non-ripley members, and the only way to do that realistically is have them die in the crash. heartless, maybe. but i guess fincher expected the fans to care more about aliens and the main character rather than side-characters from the previous film

i suppose he guessed wrong  :weep: ;)

The Larch

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on February 13, 2013, 06:30:21 AM
Random Guardian comment generator:

http://www.tomforth.co.uk/guardiancomments/

QuoteI visited a Rauschenberg exhibition the other day after a saunter through Borough market and it struck me. If my cleaner can speak such wonderful English, why can't all children in the UK learn at least two foreign languages? We might as well adopt American-style gun laws and let the EDL take over government because this country's going to hell anyway.
:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 13, 2013, 07:58:54 AM
That thing is perfect :lol:

QuoteLast Saturday, as I was weeding my organic foxglove bed, it struck me! I mean, I'm not saying that I have never fallen foul of watching Big Brother, but come on, we've got to have some standards. That's what we learned from Toussaint L'Ouverture.

QuoteI was just the other day updating my blogroll on my iPad 4 when I realised. One cannot re-read Kafka enough these days - the lessons for our generation especially have never been more salient. We should all go back to living in communes like they did in Sweden in the 70s!

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2013, 08:08:05 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 13, 2013, 07:58:54 AM
That thing is perfect :lol:

QuoteLast Saturday, as I was weeding my organic foxglove bed, it struck me! I mean, I'm not saying that I have never fallen foul of watching Big Brother, but come on, we've got to have some standards. That's what we learned from Toussaint L'Ouverture.

QuoteI was just the other day updating my blogroll on my iPad 4 when I realised. One cannot re-read Kafka enough these days - the lessons for our generation especially have never been more salient. We should all go back to living in communes like they did in Sweden in the 70s!

:lol:

Each one is perfect.

When read, you can hear that same upper middle class metropolitan accent reading them to you.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 12, 2013, 10:34:10 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 12, 2013, 10:32:55 PM

It depends, I tend to skip it over when Ide post reviews of old retarted movies.

I totally miss it.

Well that's why you shouldn't, because I've sounded the warning about your fifth, shitty Die Hard movie too, fuckface.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Your taste in movies, as in your taste of TV(hardware), sucks.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2013, 11:53:09 AM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/this-dude-was-arrested-for-hitting-his-boyfriend-with-a-plat

QuoteMan Arrested For Hitting His Boyfriend With A Plate Because He Listens To Too Much Alanis Morissette

Allen Blair Casey was arrested by Duval County cops in Jacksonville, Florida last October after he threw a plate at his boyfriend's face for listening to too much Alanis Morisette. According to cops, when asked why he did it, Casey said:

Isn't that ironic?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."