News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Love this photo from a news item about competitive gaming, the caption says, "A young cyber athlete battles a cosplay model during Canada Cup 2012 at CosPlay 2012."

I think it should just have a thought bubble for the child saying "boobies".   :D

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: Phillip V on December 27, 2012, 03:38:39 PM
Clemson University student put a realistic rubber turtle in the middle of a lane on a busy road near campus. Then he got out of the way and watched over the next hour as seven drivers swerved and deliberately ran over the animal. Several more apparently tried to hit it but missed.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/college-students-turtle-project-takes-dark-twist-18076298

Man, I must be really outside the mainstream.  I stop and pick up turtles when I see them.  Take them to the park or someplace safe.  I've even started threads on this http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,7983.0.html
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Zombie Kid is not amused.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on December 27, 2012, 04:28:01 PM

Man, I must be really outside the mainstream.  I stop and pick up turtles when I see them.  Take them to the park or someplace safe.  I've even started threads on this http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,7983.0.html

No, I think the word you're looking for is normal.

Personally I think there's something more than a bit wrong in the head with people who do that sort of thing and I'll fucking chew them out if I hear about it. 

Neil

I think the normal response is just to go about your business.  If you don't bother the animal, hopefully it won't bother you.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

Quote from: Phillip V on December 27, 2012, 03:38:39 PM
Clemson University student put a realistic rubber turtle in the middle of a lane on a busy road near campus. Then he got out of the way and watched over the next hour as seven drivers swerved and deliberately ran over the animal. Several more apparently tried to hit it but missed.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/college-students-turtle-project-takes-dark-twist-18076298

those cunts should have their number plates recorded so they can be tracked down and put under observation.
such willingness to murder an animal isn't far from willingness to murder a person
██████
██████
██████

Neil

And then there's Jos.  Also not normal.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

I've gotta question the legality/ethicality of putting a convincing fake animal on the road for people to swerve away from and potentially endanger themselves.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on December 27, 2012, 07:25:35 PM
I've gotta question the legality/ethicality of putting a convincing fake animal on the road for people to swerve away from and potentially endanger themselves.
Yeah, there's no doubt that if someone had crashed and died, this guy would deserve the death penalty.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 27, 2012, 07:46:08 PM
I agree with Jos.
Britain is full of animal rights terrorists.  Remember that time you guys banned fox-hunting partially out of animal rights lunacy and partially out of racism?

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on December 27, 2012, 07:33:43 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 27, 2012, 07:25:35 PM
Yeah, there's no doubt that if someone had crashed and died, this guy would deserve the death penalty.

Yep.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on December 27, 2012, 07:50:37 PM
Britain is full of animal rights terrorists freedom fighters.

Razgovory

I agree with Jos.

I can put out fake tortoises, record the license plates of the people who run over them and put them "under observation" if you want.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on December 27, 2012, 08:24:12 PM
I agree with Jos.

I can put out fake tortoises, record the license plates of the people who run over them and put them "under observation" if you want.

:D