News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on April 08, 2012, 08:44:14 AM
Man.  Ed's daughters are going to be fucking the stupidest guys you've ever seen when they get older.

Probably.  That's why people always want sons.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2012, 12:58:28 PM
Mike Wallace: Corpse.

We've seen this ruse before. He'll be back in 3 days.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Iormlund

Quote from: Liep on April 08, 2012, 11:31:37 AM
Does anyone here have any experience with CouchSurfing.org?

My brother couchsurfed his way through the Balkans and Turkey last summer. I don't know if that's where he looked for places to stay but I can ask.

garbon

My sister has had a lot of couch-surfers stay at her place. A lot of college students from Europe. She seems to like it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Jaron on April 08, 2012, 05:08:01 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2012, 12:58:28 PM
Mike Wallace: Corpse.

We've seen this ruse before. He'll be back in 3 days.

Man, Andy Rooney dies on a Friday, and the following 60 Minutes was an entire tribute show.  Mike Wallace dies and....his passing is mentioned for a couple minutes.

Granted, he probably would have preferred it as such.

katmai

Well they said would have tribute show next week as he died just last night.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Lettow77

I ended my fast today. :) It was a wonderful weekend, albeit one without internet- numerous highlights

I went out to a restaurant friday with my roommate's family, and when I didn't order anything, they understood and didn't mention it or press anything on me.  Rather, his gracious older brother ordered a giant pot of green tea and asked me to split it with him. After so many years, they understand me very well. Coming home from that, I reclined reading Kafka on the shore until I took a nap. Later, I attended Good Friday services at a lutheran church, and was quite moved by the affecting atmosphere and had occasion to think of what a blessed life I live.

The next day, my roommate and I walked ten miles after I filled his head with the romance and adventure of pilgrim's journeys in shikoku. Our destination wasn't HOLY AND SACRED, but I sang the sore feet song as we made it to pretty lakes and woodpaths. It was very nice, and we were quite tired afterwards. Our spirits were revived in no small measure by watching Redline later that evening. I usually don't go for the UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ but it caught me up in its energy.

Sunday had a feast with tuna steaks, bratwurst, grilled onions, asparagus soaked in bratwursts's juices, tea, (of course!) sweet potatoes, ice cream, and coconut cake. It was a stark contrast from the usual fare in dismal Martin, TN, and the multitude of good experiences (in a variety of flavours) all combined to make life seem infinitely rosier than they had last thursday. It does not escape my notice that while the forms goodness and contentment took were multitude, they all sprung from the hospitality and care of the person I hold dearest on the earth.

It looks like the colleges I applied to for summer programs likely won't accept me- so it'll just be walkabout around Japan for as long as I take a mind to do so. I am hoping I can convince my roommate to join me.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

sbr

I assume the is no gay marriage in Tennessee.

Jaron

Lettow,

How can you have such a twisted love affair with Mormonism when you also have a striking passion for tea?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Is tea against the rules for Mormons?  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on April 08, 2012, 10:06:10 PM

My sister has had a lot of couch-surfers stay at her place. A lot of college students from Europe. She seems to like it.

Oh yeah? :perv:
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Celtics are looking really good lately, but it's hard for me to believe they can go back to the title game given their age.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

I carry my insurance policy in hand: When confronted with an unyielding feral pedestrian I simply throw my beer can at his head: the process is called Pavlovian conditioning. Hopefully in a few months all of our free roaming indigents with 12 ounce aluminum can dents in their heads will look both ways before crossing. Time will tell.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".