News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on March 30, 2012, 01:31:12 PM
Apparently today is national cleavage day.

Yeah, I heard that on the radio this morning.
Which, incidentally, is absolutely the wrong type of media to find that out.

Lettow77

Ever since I deleted my sonnets and ended the sonnet project, I never feel I -have- to write anything.

But I have picked up the habit, and it lets me give expression when I am deeply moved.

A lattice of overwraught imagery
ably made and tastefully set
could not capture with all its symmetry
the miracle of our having met

No photo would preserve this passing time
this floating, out-of-focus present
in which I am yours, and you are mine-
we've no means to cling to this content

Our ambitions bid us both abroad
I wonder what awaits us there?
  Ours is a fine and verdant land
draped in darkness, and deeply flawed
but we are children of its air
though we may leave, we'll bear its brand
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

Nobody gives a fuck about overwrought lettuce, Lettuce.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 30, 2012, 01:32:09 PM
So I've been lax in getting a bike helmet for my 4-year old.  So I told him today that when I get home from work we're going to go out & get one.  He informed me that the only helmet he will wear is a "Killer Croc" helmet.  I'm guessing the odds of finding a Killer Croc helmet are pretty low.

Would an Assaulting Alligator helmet work?  It's a little toned down.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on March 30, 2012, 03:47:48 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 30, 2012, 01:32:09 PM
So I've been lax in getting a bike helmet for my 4-year old.  So I told him today that when I get home from work we're going to go out & get one.  He informed me that the only helmet he will wear is a "Killer Croc" helmet.  I'm guessing the odds of finding a Killer Croc helmet are pretty low.

Would an Assaulting Alligator helmet work?  It's a little toned down.

For a 4 year old? I'd go for a felonious reptile helmet, or even a slightly annoying turtle helmet. He can work his way up. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on March 30, 2012, 03:59:57 PM
For a 4 year old? I'd go for a felonious reptile helmet, or even a slightly annoying turtle helmet. He can work his way up. 

Okay-- I'll see what Target has along those lines.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on March 29, 2012, 09:21:37 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 29, 2012, 09:12:39 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 29, 2012, 09:01:12 PM
Just tell her she makes you ill. Easiest way about it.

I did.

Can you tell us why she made you ill?  Ugly, stinks, emits strange radiation...

Given she's a clean ex-heroin addict, finding out she might be again be taking some sort of shit. And it think I know who's supplying it. :mad:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

HEY NOW

No dissing the Olbermensch.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 30, 2012, 05:11:07 PM
HEY NOW

No dissing the Olbermensch.

I needed this hit today. OHHHHHH YEAH.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on March 30, 2012, 04:48:50 PM

Given she's a clean ex-heroin addict,

Yeah, that would have stopped me right there.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011