News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Lots of trees around his place to turn into flying shrapnel, you know.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2012, 12:23:27 PM
On this date in 1836 Texas published this thing:

And then eventually kicked some major ass.  That was sure awesome we have only gone down hill since.

Anyway Viva Tejas!  176 years old today but don't look a day over 29...or act a day over 15.

No way they gonna' take our slaves! FREEDOM!!!

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on March 02, 2012, 04:18:50 PM

I know you Hungarians are eager to be ruled by dictators who ignore constitutions but 1836 Texans were less excited about it.

At least Santa Anna had style.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2012, 04:29:58 PM
Quote from: Tamas on March 02, 2012, 04:18:50 PM

I know you Hungarians are eager to be ruled by dictators who ignore constitutions but 1836 Texans were less excited about it.

Yes because they wanted to keep their slaves :contract:

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on March 02, 2012, 04:30:36 PM

Bullshit.  Mexican nationalist garbage.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

You're joking, right Valmy?

Ed Anger

I'm in the basement RIGHT NOW.

Me watching Channel 7
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 02, 2012, 04:33:58 PM
You're joking, right Valmy?

Nope.  The abuses listed in the declaration were quite real.  Texas was hardly the only part of Mexico that revolted.

Did I say the Texans were some sort of pure noble whatever with no other motives?  Of course not but to claim that was the main thing going on is ridiculous.  Besides, It was only after the revolution was successful that things started going to shit on that front.

ulmont

So, I have the yahoo username that is "[email protected]."  As a result, I get some misdirected email.

Yesterday, I got added somehow to an "edmodo" group for "Mr. Eddie Baker's 7A Sixth Grade Class" at "Beaufort Schools."  Between 1:30 and 1:45pm today I got  50 emails of 13 year-olds just saying "wassup!"

Ed Anger

Holy fuck. Marysville Indiana reported "gone".

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: ulmont on March 02, 2012, 04:49:36 PM
So, I have the yahoo username that is "[email protected]."  As a result, I get some misdirected email.

Yesterday, I got added somehow to an "edmodo" group for "Mr. Eddie Baker's 7A Sixth Grade Class" at "Beaufort Schools."  Between 1:30 and 1:45pm today I got  50 emails of 13 year-olds just saying "wassup!"

Man you got to get off that before you end up on some pedophile watch list.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2012, 04:39:26 PM
Texas was hardly the only part of Mexico that revolted.

Colt even engraved the Navy Revolver with a scene from one of "our" attempts to help one of the other revolting areas of Mexico.  Hm yes!  Interesting factoid!

citizen k

Quote from: Tamas on March 02, 2012, 04:30:36 PM

Let me ask you this, would not being able to own slaves be the only reason for you to not want to live under Mexican rule?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 02, 2012, 04:51:14 PM

1632 style?  :ph34r:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 02, 2012, 04:51:14 PM

Hope your house doesn't get torn up.  Cleaning up after Tornado can be bitch.  We got some thunder and hail, nothing serious.  Looks like Springs come early.

Been damn strange weather this year.  Autumn only seemed to start around November, winter never really came and spring has started in February.  Hell for the last two weeks you could go outside without even a jacket.  Yesterday it was like 70 degrees outside.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017