News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Nah, that's coastal.  I'm upstate, and I sound more like Tennesseean Appalachian, according to some.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on December 23, 2011, 01:54:05 AM
More like this then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03iwAY4KlIU&feature=related

I hear that around here.  Can't make heads nor tales of it.  Of course everyone thinks I'm from somewhere else.

I imagine Lettow sounds like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB5ISdyyhX0
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

No way! I often use si-gogglin in conversation. Small world.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 22, 2011, 05:52:07 PM
Goodbye 747 Airborne Laser. I enjoyed seeing you every now and then. Enjoy the mothballs.
Was there a specific reason for retiring them?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on December 23, 2011, 02:03:18 AM
More like this then:

Yeah, that's pretty close, probably.

"Yonder." -_-
Good God Ide, Coastal Carolina sounds kind of cool but Appalachian is just an atrocity against language.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Does anyone confuse my avatar with anyone else?  I kinda like this one, it seems to fit me well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 23, 2011, 03:38:30 AM
More like this then:

"Yonder." -_-
Good God Ide, Coastal Carolina sounds kind of cool but Appalachian is just an atrocity against language.

It indeed makes my brother in law's Pittsburgh Yinzer accent sound comprehensible by comparison.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Octavian

Quote from: Razgovory on December 23, 2011, 04:28:35 AM
Does anyone confuse my avatar with anyone else?  I kinda like this one, it seems to fit me well.

Nope. I do confuse Ideologue and Martinus all the time.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on December 23, 2011, 04:28:35 AM

Nah, you're not zany enough. Maybe if you stopped taking your pills.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 23, 2011, 03:34:40 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 22, 2011, 05:52:07 PM
Goodbye 747 Airborne Laser. I enjoyed seeing you every now and then. Enjoy the mothballs.
Was there a specific reason for retiring them?

http://www.google.com/
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 23, 2011, 03:38:30 AM
More like this then:

"Yonder." -_-

Why don't you climb up to the tip-top of your compressive-design space elevator, and fuck yourself?
Kinemalogue

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.