Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on September 06, 2011, 07:09:24 AM
Quote from: HVC on September 06, 2011, 07:03:13 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 06, 2011, 06:04:49 AM
Back at work. Can't do anything. Password Expired, system doesn't accept any of my new passwords.

Fucking IT & their idiot policies.
I hate the two weeks of "your password is about the expire in X number of days. Would you like to change it now?" pop ups.

you can choose "yes" you know

Fuck that. I already have to change it every 45 days. I'm not going to start doing it every 30 days.

New policiy is history of 24 instead of 10 :bleeding:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Maybe the IT guys are bored, and they like unlocking peoples user IDs that have been locked out because people keep forgetting which retarded iteration of their password they're on now.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tamas

Quote from: Neil on September 06, 2011, 08:11:14 AM
Maybe the IT guys are bored, and they like unlocking peoples user IDs that have been locked out because people keep forgetting which retarded iteration of their password they're on now.

Best of it all? In my new job role I am past all this user-related shit for good. I always had the helpdesk between me and the users but this was sometimes not a good enough filter, especially when the helpdesk itself was a bunch of careless droids.

Good riddance, I say.

MadImmortalMan

You know, at some point, overly restrictive password policies actually become less secure. Because morons have to start writing shit down on sticky notes next to the keyboard. My thing is 90 days to expiration, and it doesn't remember 4000 previous passwords.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 06, 2011, 10:49:44 AM
You know, at some point, overly restrictive password policies actually become less secure. Because morons have to start writing shit down on sticky notes next to the keyboard. My thing is 90 days to expiration, and it doesn't remember 4000 previous passwords.
I'm been saying the same thing for quite a while.  When you have to keep changing passwords, a lot of people will either have to start writing them down, or they'll have to keep them formulaic.  Either method makes password protection weaker.

MadImmortalMan

QuoteEight people were shot at a Carson City International House of Pancakes with an automatic weapon Tuesday.

According to reports from Channel 2 News Reno, the shooter has been taken down by local law enforcement.

:(

Malthus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 06, 2011, 12:09:00 PM
QuoteEight people were shot at a Carson City International House of Pancakes with an automatic weapon Tuesday.

According to reports from Channel 2 News Reno, the shooter has been taken down by local law enforcement.

:(

Shoulda served real maple syrup, rather than that awful Aunt Jemima crap.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Slow news day:

Also note that Slargos is branching out (see ad on top right).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

MadImmortalMan

:P

Some of those girls gave him some kisses too.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on September 06, 2011, 01:40:02 PM
Slow news day:

Also note that Slargos is branching out (see ad on top right).

The horror!

And sold old cookie?....errr.......wha?
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 06, 2011, 02:44:02 PM
:P

Some of those girls gave him some kisses too.
It looked like 50 or so of them slapped him.  wtf?  I assume he told them what he was about to do. :hmm:

Anyway, when I become Emperor of Earth I'll make that illegal.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

LaCroix

we need to figure out how obama is responsible for this, stat

Habsburg

:mad:

Goddamed Fashion Houses have gotten stingy with cotton.

Went on a mini wardrobe expansion at Macy's tonight.  I swear Izod, Calvin Klein, Nautica, etc. are mixing paper with Cotton.  Nearly ripped items I was testing.