Massacre at historic African American Church in Charleston

Started by jimmy olsen, June 18, 2015, 12:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on July 06, 2015, 10:58:26 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 06, 2015, 02:58:12 PM
The real trouble begins when he's posted to Europe ...  ;)

Their husbands have been out of the military for a long time, so unlikely to happen. ;)

Also, from last night:

:lol:

HATE WINS
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

I don't understand that connection at all. But I guess Obama = Jeff Davis is preferable to Obama = Hitler so he should feel all warm and fuzzy over that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 09:05:50 AM
I don't understand that connection at all. But I guess Obama = Jeff Davis is preferable to Obama = Hitler so he should feel all warm and fuzzy over that.

It's a parody of the white house having rainbow lights shining on it after the SCROTUS ruling.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 07, 2015, 09:09:33 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 09:05:50 AM

It's a parody of the white house having rainbow lights shining on it after the SCROTUS ruling.

I thought it was a follow up to the previous declaration that if you are going to take the Confederate Battle Flag off the statehouse in South Carolina you must also remove Obama from the White House. Your version makes much more sense. :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 07, 2015, 09:13:48 AM
Everytime I see SCROTUS I read it as SCROTUM.

The Scrotum was only an organ of government under Bill Clinton's administration.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Syt

QuoteDear Walmart,
I see on the news that all items that have the Confederate flag on them will be pulled from the shelves, because they offend a Few of your customers. I'm writing to let you know of a few things in your store that offends me. Please remove all the "Made in China" crap that is on the shelf. Please remove all produce, meats, fish, and other food items not grown here in the United States. Please shut down the sweatshops in these foreign countries, where you buy clothing and shoes made by children in below standard working conditions making pennies a day. Please remove all pet food off the shelves that is made overseas that has sickened and killed our pets. At Christmas-time, please don't wish me "Happy Holidays" ..... a simple "MERRY CHRISTMAS" will be fine. Lastly, how about some good old-fashioned American Customer Service? These are a few of the things that offend me about your stores. Seems your bottom-line is all that really matters to y'all any more. I bet Sam is doing flip-flops in his grave. Here in America we have a lot bigger problems than a flag that has no racial significance ... only a part of history and pride. How about helping create some American jobs by selling American products ... your return will be ten-fold!!! (Please share and hashtag ‪#‎Walmart‬ in your caption to help it go viral, and so WalMart will see this!)

The thing is, if Walmart switches to US only products in everything, their target demographic won't be able to afford many of their products anymore. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

I just wanna get me one of those ISIS cakes at Wal-mart.

Ideologue

That quote is kind of a perfect example of how populism has become poisoned in the US, with basically correct positions about not dealing with slave labor states tinged with really unappealing racism, historical ignorance, nostalgic non sequiturs,  and Christian persecution fantasies.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Well then don't shop at Walmart then. Oh wait that is the only store in the surrounding five counties.

Ideologue

I've started shopping there a lot less, due to their bad scheduling practices.  If you happen to come in at the wrong time, you can spend 40 minutes to do the simplest shit.
Kinemalogue