Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on August 03, 2015, 06:19:43 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 03, 2015, 06:07:25 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 03, 2015, 05:54:56 PM
What I don't get about this Calais thing..
If I was caught trying to break into a truck i would be in big trouble. Trespassing, breaking and entering... A few laws there.
But these guys are just told "no! Bad! No England for you today!" And set free?

I'd suggest actually reading about what is happening rather than just imagining what is occurring. :mellow:
:rolleyes:
Stop doing that. It grew tiresome long ago.
It is what happens. I have read about this and seen documentaries about it. You get the same guys trying and trying again. Sometimes they're arrested for a little while but they're then driven half an hour away and dumped (supposidely) or just set free.

That's true, it does get tiring responding to your idiocy. Same plays year after year. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 03, 2015, 06:17:18 PM

Go fuck yourself.  :)

Haven't you learned not to bother with garbon yet?  His opinions on whatever topic is being discussed are solely based on what's trending in the social medias at the moment. 

And yes, there are far too many migrants being allowed to enter into the West as it is.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Syt

Quote from: Grallon on August 03, 2015, 07:39:52 PM

Haven't you learned not to bother with garbon yet?  His opinions on whatever topic is being discussed are solely based on what's trending in the social medias at the moment. 

I think you're mistaking him with Mart.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on August 03, 2015, 06:35:25 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 03, 2015, 03:49:44 PM
Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 03, 2015, 02:49:27 PM
Canada already get way too many immigrants/refugees in my opinion.

I always like when despicable people reveal themselves. Awfully kind of them and all that.

Nah, I'm good. I'm not the one with backwards views. :(

I have yet to see reports of arrests in big numbers. Couple of days ago the police clashed with a bunch of migrants using tear gas and such and the report was that the attack was "repelled". If French citizens formed a mob and blockaded roads and forced trucks open and/or assaulted high security areas, they would be fugitives until caught and jailed.

Why French authorities are not dismantling the nearby illegal camps is puzzling for me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on August 04, 2015, 01:18:09 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 03, 2015, 06:35:25 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 03, 2015, 03:49:44 PM
Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 03, 2015, 02:49:27 PM
Canada already get way too many immigrants/refugees in my opinion.

I always like when despicable people reveal themselves. Awfully kind of them and all that.

Nah, I'm good. I'm not the one with backwards views. :(

I have yet to see reports of arrests in big numbers. Couple of days ago the police clashed with a bunch of migrants using tear gas and such and the report was that the attack was "repelled". If French citizens formed a mob and blockaded roads and forced trucks open and/or assaulted high security areas, they would be fugitives until caught and jailed.

Why French authorities are not dismantling the nearby illegal camps is puzzling for me.

Dismantling one means a new one a bit farther cf. Sangatte.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangatte

garbon

Actually France has arrested many migrants but then what's the plan? Keep arresting them and holding them indefinitely and just add to the cost to care for them? This has been an ongoing issue with more migrants showing up (rather just one easily static pool that can be dispersed).

Sure you can pay to deport some of them if you manage to track down where they are from but is that doable in general? And then there is always the moral element of whether it is 'right' to deport people back to countries that they left because they feared for their lives*.

BTW, as far as I know, France did do some evictions last year and then this year opened up the new 'official' camp.

*though yes presumably some were not fleeing horrors/devastation.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Archy

I also think they silently want them to go to he UK.:frog:

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on August 04, 2015, 04:19:29 AM
Actually France has arrested many migrants but then what's the plan? Keep arresting them and holding them indefinitely and just add to the cost to care for them? This has been an ongoing issue with more migrants showing up (rather just one easily static pool that can be dispersed).

Sure you can pay to deport some of them if you manage to track down where they are from but is that doable in general? And then there is always the moral element of whether it is 'right' to deport people back to countries that they left because they feared for their lives*.

BTW, as far as I know, France did do some evictions last year and then this year opened up the new 'official' camp.

*though yes presumably some were not fleeing horrors/devastation.

Forcing them to stay in government run shelters/camps > having them cause material damage to citizens, and endanger them. Not to mention the inevitable killing of a migrant by a truck driver or te other way around

garbon

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on August 04, 2015, 07:19:36 AM
Internment camps? How European.

Well this is related to annoy her puzzling thing for me about illegal immigration in general: I thought it means the immigrant is not allowed to enter and stay in said country. But if this is so, why they are allowed to roam freely? What is the point of barring entry then? Just make it legal for everyone and it's much simpler.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on August 04, 2015, 08:59:42 AM

Well this is related to annoy her puzzling thing for me about illegal immigration in general: I thought it means the immigrant is not allowed to enter and stay in said country. But if this is so, why they are allowed to roam freely? What is the point of barring entry then? Just make it legal for everyone and it's much simpler.

Aren't many of these individuals asylum seekers? Given the wait times that could be seen for asylum approvals, it probably isn't practical or humane to keep immigrants detained until their asylum request has been accepted or rejected.  Found one blurb from 2013 that said wait time in France was on average - 12 months.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on August 04, 2015, 09:26:55 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 04, 2015, 08:59:42 AM

Aren't many of these individuals asylum seekers? Given the wait times that could be seen for asylum approvals, it probably isn't practical or humane to keep immigrants detained until their asylum request has been accepted or rejected.  Found one blurb from 2013 that said wait time in France was on average - 12 months.

Fair enough.

Still, disrupting traffic and damage to private property must be crimes even if the perpetrators are asylum seekers

Syt

A village in the Kleinwalser Valley in Vorarlberg, Austria is ready to take in 20 or more asylum seekers. The problem is, that place can only be reached by car from Germany (there's two districts in Austria where that is true, and it has a few implications; e.g. in those districts the German instead of the Austrian VAT rules apply).

Non-recognized asylum seekers, however, must not leave the country where their application is handled. Meaning that there's no legal way to get them to this place, because it would mean having to cross the border into Germany (and it gets worse if any of them needs a hospital visit).

For ten months the bureaucrazies (deliberate misspelling) in Germany and Austria try to figure out a way of getting refugees into this village. At the moment it looks like they may try to get people who had they applications for asylum accepted to move there, because they can move freely about the EU. But then again, this place is so remote, it's not exactly attractive to refugees.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould