Is it true there is no statutory paid maternity leave in the US?

Started by Martinus, May 30, 2015, 11:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I'm a little perplexed why Marty would care.  He's not a woman, and he hates children.  I'm surprised it he evens supports maternity leave since it's discriminatory towards gay men.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on May 30, 2015, 01:17:07 PM
Oh look, an "America sucks" thread.  Haven't had one of these in a while I don't think. :sleep:

Truth hurts.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2015, 05:26:13 PM
So nothing at all to do with the cheapness or the necessity.  And you're ragging on other people's writing?

:mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on May 30, 2015, 11:40:13 AM
Watching John Oliver now and he is claiming there is no statutory paid maternity leave in the US? Is it true? I find it hard to believe.

Did you think Oliver was fibbing or did you have some other reason for creating this thread?

Razgovory

Not, now.  Marty is reporting his findings back to the Law-moot.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.