So what do you do when trigger happy cops chase you around?

Started by Razgovory, May 23, 2015, 02:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

You do realize I just called you a liar, right Raz?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 26, 2015, 03:40:43 PM
You do realize I just called you a liar, right Raz?

Actually I asked you to clarify and you did not.  What was the original traffic stop for?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on May 26, 2015, 03:43:09 PM
Actually I asked you to clarify and you did not.  What was the original traffic stop for?

That's not a clarification.  That's an attempt to change the subject.  The reason for the original traffic stop has nothing to do with whether the cops started shooting and chasing first.  If the stop was for expired tags, the cops still wouldn't have started shooting and chasing first.  If it was for suspected terrorism, the cops still wouldn't have started shooting and chasing first.  There is no conceivable reason for a traffic stop that leads to the cops shooting and chasing first, because they didn't.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 26, 2015, 03:46:31 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 26, 2015, 03:43:09 PM

That's not a clarification.  That's an attempt to change the subject.  The reason for the original traffic stop has nothing to do with whether the cops started shooting and chasing first.  If the stop was for expired tags, the cops still wouldn't have started shooting and chasing first.  If it was for suspected terrorism, the cops still wouldn't have started shooting and chasing first.  There is no conceivable reason for a traffic stop that leads to the cops shooting and chasing first, because they didn't.

I'm sorry that is not correct.  The cops started firing because they thought they heard a shot.  If the the car was stopped and backfired, they presumably still would have fired.  If the tried to stop a person because they thought they had fired and then open fired and the victim did not immediately stop because people were shooting at them, that does sort of change the dynamic.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on May 26, 2015, 03:51:28 PM
I'm sorry that is not correct.  The cops started firing because they thought they heard a shot.  If the the car was stopped and backfired, they presumably still would have fired.  If the tried to stop a person because they thought they had fired and then open fired and the victim did not immediately stop because people were shooting at them, that does sort of change the dynamic.

Your version is the cops pulled them over, the car backfired, the cops (or a cop) pumped some rounds into the car, then the victims took off?  Well if that is true CNN really botched their reporting and I owe you an apology.

Razgovory

My version is that the police fired because they claimed they heard a shot.  The chase honestly doesn't matter much, since they could have heard a shot whether or not there was a chase or a car idling.  The chase did not cause the shooting.  The police claim the backfire did.  If one actually happened at all.  I don't know of anyone else who witnesses it besides the killers.

Admiral Yi

I just read a couple articles on the story.  You appear to have your facts wrong Raz.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 26, 2015, 04:06:09 PM
I just read a couple articles on the story.  You appear to have your facts wrong Raz.

Which ones?  That police fired on a car.  That the car had no weapons in it.  That Officer Brelo jumped on the hood of the car and shot the driver and passenger?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on May 26, 2015, 04:08:22 PM
Which ones?

"My version is that the police fired because they claimed they heard a shot.  The chase honestly doesn't matter much, since they could have heard a shot whether or not there was a chase or a car idling.  The chase did not cause the shooting.  The police claim the backfire did.  If one actually happened at all.  I don't know of anyone else who witnesses it besides the killers."

Razgovory

The shooting was not caused by the chase, at least according the cops.  Did you find something to contradict this?  Did the police claim that the decided to shoot at the car simply because it was moving?

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 26, 2015, 04:19:50 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 26, 2015, 04:08:22 PM
Which ones?

"My version is that the police fired because they claimed they heard a shot.  The chase honestly doesn't matter much, since they could have heard a shot whether or not there was a chase or a car idling.  The chase did not cause the shooting.  The police claim the backfire did.  If one actually happened at all.  I don't know of anyone else who witnesses it besides the killers."

So, you are claiming that all of the facts contained in those sentences are wrong?  Or, when asked to clarify what facts Raz got wrong, did you just throw out a mass of facts, and effectively say "in there somewhere?"

Why are you being so obtuse about your claims Raz is lying?  Normally, that's his game.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 26, 2015, 01:28:16 PM
Okay, am I the only one who sees these silly "elect Judge So & So 'cuz he's tough on crim" commercials around election time?

Uh. No.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on May 26, 2015, 05:20:35 PM
The shooting was not caused by the chase, at least according the cops.  Did you find something to contradict this?  Did the police claim that the decided to shoot at the car simply because it was moving?

It's questions like these that make me ask myself why I even bother.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 26, 2015, 05:50:55 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 26, 2015, 05:20:35 PM

It's questions like these that make me ask myself why I even bother.

We wonder why too.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Yi and I are on different wavelenghts here.  I'm not getting what he's selling.  I don't know what his ultimate point is.  That the shooting was justified?  That I'm a bad person.  All possible.  I known where Yi was back in 1992...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzkBGQx3HAc