News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2015

Started by grumbler, April 12, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

That goes way beyond microaggressions. That is literal violence Rasputin.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on August 24, 2015, 08:35:29 PM
Man, those are so right on!

Sad they were too lazy to write a joke about Penn State instead of just pasting in quotes from their alumni.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2015, 12:18:03 PM
Sad they were too lazy to write a joke about Penn State instead of just pasting in quotes from their alumni.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Valmy

The more I look at this Notre Dame-Texas match-up the more I am convinced I should drink heavily before kickoff.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2015, 02:35:58 PM
The more I look at this Notre Dame-Texas match-up the more I am convinced I should drink heavily before kickoff.

It does seem like, on paper at least, that ND should win this one. However, a big game, on a big stage, in a classic helmet game, that ND should win on paper--I don't know if you have seen the trajectory of ND football the past 2 or 3 decades, but ND's winning percentage is not good in such matchups.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2015, 02:35:58 PM
That is my plan for each week this season.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

I laughed at Grumble's stuff.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 25, 2015, 07:48:46 PM
"Classic helmet game?" :unsure:

Shorthand for a game between two schools that have lots of history. If someone went into a coma in the 1980s and awoke to see the schools playing, they would think, "this will be a good game."

Louisville vs. Oregon would not be a classic helmet game, even if the teams are awesome.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Rasputin

Quote from: alfred russel on August 25, 2015, 07:57:44 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 25, 2015, 07:48:46 PM
"Classic helmet game?" :unsure:

Shorthand for a game between two schools that have lots of history. If someone went into a coma in the 1980s and awoke to see the schools playing, they would think, "this will be a good game."

Louisville vs. Oregon would not be a classic helmet game, even if the teams are awesome.

Incorrect use of the term. "Classic helmet game" refers to a game where one team is a traditional power that's not as good as its reputation or as good as the team they're facing that week. Nonetheless the better team chokes because of the intimidation factor of the traditional powers reputation (that is they got beat by the traditional guys helmet not the players).

Texas v Norte dame would not be a traditional helmet game because both schools have good traditions and reputations. Notre dame v Louisville would be if Louisville choked despite superior talent.
Who is John Galt?

Valmy

Well the point is that from where I sit Notre Dame looks like a veteran team ready to have a great season.

Texas has a bunch of passionate youngsters who will be entering their first game. Texas' veterans have not provided leadership for years and I am not optimistic about this crowd. Tyrone Swoopes is going to be the starting QB. Rice would have been a better opening game for them this year.

It is going to be ugly. Bad matchups up and down the line for Texas.

grumbler

Notre Dame doesn't look all that good this year.  They are getting their usual over-rating, but they lost some key guys from an 8-5 team that stumbled badly at the end of the year.  They should be weaker against the run than against the pass, and they can be stopped on offense if Texas has a decent space player.  Malik is good, but won't beat you with his arm if the run game can be stopped.

I think ND will win, but I don't think it will be ugly, unless Strong just can't coach.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Maybe. But making this flag for the game just seems like we are asking for it.

MadBurgerMaker