And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2015

Started by grumbler, April 12, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 26, 2015, 09:30:56 AM
What the hell is that

Anti-Irish stuff. I thought it was cute, if tempting the Gods a bit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Don't worry, the Morrigan aren't interested in a Christian university.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Holy shit I love that flag.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Also I have a Texas shirt that Lids sent me by mistake.  Too bad it's long-sleeve or I'd wear it when I'm watching the game.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

So apparently the college football experts have the Michigan opener as a gimme, since they have a "cupcake" game against Utah.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on August 26, 2015, 11:27:39 AM
So apparently the college football experts have the Michigan opener as a gimme, since they have a "cupcake" game against Utah.

Get new experts.  Michigan is a 6-point underdog in that game, and rightfully so.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2015, 10:19:59 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 26, 2015, 10:18:40 AM
Holy shit I love that flag.

:lol: I knew you would dig it.

Yeah, I mean I'd pull for ND ten times out of ten over Texas, but I still think that flag is kind of awesome.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2015, 09:32:56 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 26, 2015, 09:30:56 AM
What the hell is that

Anti-Irish stuff. I thought it was cute, if tempting the Gods a bit.

:) Yeah it works.  Where'd that come from, are there more, and has Bill in Sinton been heard from in a while? 

Valmy

I got it from Shaggy. Who the original maker was I have no idea.

I have not heard from Bill in years.

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on August 26, 2015, 02:59:18 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 26, 2015, 11:27:39 AM

Get new experts.  Michigan is a 6-point underdog in that game, and rightfully so.

Who could possibly trump Popular Mechanics as college football experts?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on August 26, 2015, 04:51:53 PM
Who could possibly trump Popular Mechanics as college football experts?

The Utah sites are full of the whole "Michigan players are saying this is a cakewalk," but that's obviously a lie because Harbaugh has had the players "in the submarine" since the start of camp.  No press access (except for the one-day B10 Network broadcast they do from each camp), no leaving the facilities (he even has them staying in non-AC dorms to heighten the discomfort) except when necessary for academic preps, nothing.  Total focus on football.  Nobody's heard a peep.  It's kind of an interesting introduction to the Harbaugh culture, but, unlike Bo's intro, nobody is leaving.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Caught a glimpse of an ESPN feature article about all the uniform updates for this year.  Wish I hadn't.  The out of control uniform shit is helping push me away from college football.

PDH

Under the new coach Wyoming went back to basics.  One home set, one away set for uniforms.  If not having Cowboy-Camo jerseys drives off some recruits, having a coach that actually wants to focus on playing better might eventually mean a better team...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Harbaugh's done the same: one home uni, one away.  And, for the away uni, he's gone back to the all-whites from the 1970s:

Bayraktar!