[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: JacobL on June 24, 2009, 05:08:21 PM
So -2 population or -1 morale and the enemy fleet?  If that is the choice I think we need to consider the damage of going back and fighting and possibly losing people anyways.  What do you people think?

Yes that is the choice. Dont forget, you already have raiders and civilians on the map, so if Berkut decides to fight, it will be against 1 basestar, 6 raiders, and you'll have to protect 5 civilian ships. Also because of this card as you can see the Raiders will activate and move.

JacobL

We still have a fairly full fleet so losing the civvies is tragic but 6 raiders and a basestar is a bit much to handle I think under present circumstances.

(me going last, starbuck not launched yet and giving raiders a chance to really wreck havoc)

grumbler

Wow, talk about trigger-happy!  :lol:

Let's not use the other nuke unless we are desperate.  I would have said that about the first one, but I stopped and ate something while trigger-happyman pulled the trigger.

Let's take the morale loss and save the pop.  Pop is one of the things most easily lost.  We need to do some fightin' here, not runnin'.

Tigh launch some more Starfuries, and control the unmanned one out there. The starting Starfuries can get to the civvies before the Vorlons.  All of the enemy are in front of us, and the civvies are behind us.  If Baltar can start blasting them from weapons control, and the Admiral can move them, (only 2 at a time, but every little bit helps) and the President can give me some extra moves, we CAN DO THIS!

We have the best pilot in the fleet here.  Let's not start to panic on the first turn.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

JacobL

Quote from: grumbler on June 24, 2009, 05:30:04 PM
Wow, talk about trigger-happy!  :lol:

Let's not use the other nuke unless we are desperate.  I would have said that about the first one, but I stopped and ate something while trigger-happyman pulled the trigger.

Let's take the morale loss and save the pop.  Pop is one of the things most easily lost.  We need to do some fightin' here, not runnin'.

Tigh launch some more Starfuries, and control the unmanned one out there. The starting Starfuries can get to the civvies before the Vorlons.  All of the enemy are in front of us, and the civvies are behind us.  If Baltar can start blasting them from weapons control, and the Admiral can move them, (only 2 at a time, but every little bit helps) and the President can give me some extra moves, we CAN DO THIS!

We have the best pilot in the fleet here.  Let's not start to panic on the first turn.
Wait...you expect Baltar to help fight the battle?

If we fight we need to get the Viper in Sector 5 moved quickly to guard the civvies while Starbuck launches and helps me fight off the Raiders.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

JacobL

Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2009, 05:36:06 PM
Quote from: grumbler on June 24, 2009, 05:30:04 PM
and the President can give me some extra moves

Can I?
""Executive Order - Action: Choose any other player. He may move his character and then take 1 action OR not move and take 2 actions. [Errata - Limit 1 "Executive Order" per turn.]""  <<<<Skill Card

grumbler

Quote from: JacobL on June 24, 2009, 05:32:55 PM
Wait...you expect Baltar to help fight the battle?
Baltar can push buttons with the best of 'em.

QuoteIf we fight we need to get the Viper in Sector 5 moved quickly to guard the civvies while Starbuck launches and helps me fight off the Raiders.
Agreed.  Tigh is already in position to do that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2009, 05:36:06 PM
Can I?
In fact, if you do that right now, I can launch and move twice, and then I start my turn already in a Starfury, and can take two actions.

Could be devastating.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Tamas, what percentage of event cards have prepare to jump, activate Vorlons, neither, and both?

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Oh, and that is "activate Vorlons" by type.

Does any card activate more than one type of Vorlon?

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: JacobL on June 24, 2009, 05:38:17 PM
"Executive Order - Action: Choose any other player. He may move his character and then take 1 action OR not move and take 2 actions. [Errata - Limit 1 "Executive Order" per turn.]""  <<<<Skill Card

Well yes, that is a skill card.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

If you have it, play it and GET ME THE FRAK OUT THERE..  Note that you draw two more cards at the start of your move.

Trust yourself, trust Starbuck... anybody else advises you, shoot 'em.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Kinda funny that I am the only player in the game with ":toaster" plastered across my username, eh?  :lol:

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on June 24, 2009, 06:28:32 PM
If you have it, play it and GET ME THE FRAK OUT THERE..  Note that you draw two more cards at the start of your move.

Trust yourself, trust Starbuck... anybody else advises you, shoot 'em.

When it gets to my turn, I'll see what I can do.

And yeah, the toaster bit is quite. :D

grumbler

Yeah, we need Berkut to decide to take the morale loss.

We also kinda need to agree on when to play this game.  It needs a lot of interaction, so triggerhappy McTriggers don't just bounce in, launch nukes without discussion, and bounce out (lest we conclude that they are Vorlons).

We have a lot of people from different time zones, and I am a teacher on summer vacation, so I am flexible.

Any thoughts?

Bayraktar!