3 (60%)
Jaron
0 (0%)
I like this option
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Syt

Quote from: garbon on June 16, 2009, 06:40:07 PM
SF has this awful jury duty system where they tell you that you might have to come in one week.  Everyday at 4:30 you can look online to see whether or not you will have to come in the next day. The past few days I've been holding my breath as the webpage loads and then sighing in relief when not picked.  Today, I just got the notice that I need to report at 8:45am tomorrow. :(

You know what to do.

And don't forget to claim you're heavily prejudiced against all straight people.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

BVN

Quote from: garbon on June 16, 2009, 06:40:07 PM
SF has this awful jury duty system where they tell you that you might have to come in one week.  Everyday at 4:30 you can look online to see whether or not you will have to come in the next day.
Maybe a stupid question, but what does someone without internet have to do to know if they are picked?

garbon

Quote from: BVN on June 17, 2009, 06:52:01 AM
Maybe a stupid question, but what does someone without internet have to do to know if they are picked?

There is a phone number that they can call that has a recording.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on June 16, 2009, 10:16:28 PM
What about some disease that can't be proven?  Say you have severe back pain or headache or something.  Doing jury duty will harm your health, or something.

What about you have to attend so-and-so's wedding/funeral on [insert date of trial]?
I don't think lying in a court is a particularly prudent thing to do.

Monoriu

Quote from: DGuller on June 17, 2009, 10:01:53 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on June 16, 2009, 10:16:28 PM
What about some disease that can't be proven?  Say you have severe back pain or headache or something.  Doing jury duty will harm your health, or something.

What about you have to attend so-and-so's wedding/funeral on [insert date of trial]?
I don't think lying in a court is a particularly prudent thing to do.

So you suggest that he should go down without a fight?

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on June 17, 2009, 10:10:20 AMSo you suggest that he should go down without a fight?
Personally, I suggest keeping one's integrity and dignity, and neither lie outright nor fake some kind of lack of capacity.  If you're picked, then so be it.

garbon

I'm sitting a room, doing work and posting on Languish. It feels like being at work but not being at work...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Jury video: One juror's statement on being a juror - I was scared, I didn't know what to do. I brought a book, so...it wasn't that bad.

:lol:

garbon

I have to go back in tomorrow. :weep:

Caliga

I was proud to serve my country in that capacity.  SHAME ON YOU GARBON  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

I wouldn't mind if I was getting paid...and it wasn't the end of the quarter (meaning that any work I don't get done during the day must get done at night).

Caliga

I got paid $10 a day.  :lol:

garbon

Oh I meant if my company was paying me.  I don't count the stipend as actual pay as I can't live on that. :P

Fireblade

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 16, 2009, 07:08:21 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 16, 2009, 07:07:22 PM
:huh: Fireblade?
I don't think Fireblade would argue with bleeding heart fruits.

Look, I might be liberal as hell, but I'm always up for sending a nigger to prison.

I had jury duty in July. I never got picked. I suspect it was because I had a college degree.  :lol:

Caliga

Quote from: Fireblade on September 14, 2009, 11:33:10 PM
Look, I might be liberal as hell, but I'm always up for sending a nigger to prison.
You're welcome. :smoke: