News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bill Cosby sex abuse scandal

Started by Caliga, November 24, 2014, 01:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

I am a bit surprised this is news.  I thought this came out awhile ago.

Anyway growing up in the 80s, finding out Bill Cosby is evil is just a bit more than I can take.  I am doing my very best to ignore it.  Man you just cannot trust anybody anymore.  How many of you guys are evil?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2014, 06:14:55 PM
I am a bit surprised this is news.  I thought this came out awhile ago.

Anyway growing up in the 80s, finding out Bill Cosby is evil is just a bit more than I can take.  I am doing my very best to ignore it.  Man you just cannot trust anybody anymore.  How many of you guys are evil?

I'm merely Machiavellian. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

dps

Josephus

Quote from: Caliga on November 24, 2014, 02:32:30 PM
Assuming the allegations in this case are true, there's no doubt in my mind he would have known what he was doing was wrong.  Drugging someone into unconsciousness so you can molest them is pretty obviously wrong by any moral yardstick. :hmm:

Fuck.

;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on November 24, 2014, 01:22:56 PM
Well unlikely.  These are all very dated allegations.  I think the most recent I've seen was late 90s.  Seems unlikely he's going to be charged.
I thought 2005?

We've had a few prosecutions of historic sex abuse cases since the Savile story broke and there's Operation Yewtree etc. I don't want to think who but I'd be surprised if similar abuse of power didn't exist in other entertainment industries, especially Hollywood.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

But it's OK, because he's an artist.

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on November 24, 2014, 06:48:07 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 24, 2014, 02:32:30 PM
Assuming the allegations in this case are true, there's no doubt in my mind he would have known what he was doing was wrong.  Drugging someone into unconsciousness so you can molest them is pretty obviously wrong by any moral yardstick. :hmm:

Fuck.

;)
that's the general idea.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 24, 2014, 07:13:42 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 24, 2014, 06:54:34 PM
But it's OK, because he's an artist.

No, he's an entertainer.

Thank you for ruining my Roman Polanski jab, Professor Assburger.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on November 24, 2014, 01:31:47 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 24, 2014, 01:22:56 PM
Well unlikely.  These are all very dated allegations.  I think the most recent I've seen was late 90s.  Seems unlikely he's going to be charged.

The most serious trouble he's in is that NBC cancelled his recent pilot, and Netflix has cancelled a comedy show they were going to 'broadcast'.

There's also the trouble of his memory being tarnished.  That's kind of a big deal.

I loved I Spy, his stand-up, Fat Albert, The Cosby Show, etc. and it would be horrible to think the man turned out to be a serial rapist.  My reaction thus far has been to try and not think about it and/or hope it's not true.  Which is pretty much what I did in the early days of the OJ saga :mellow:
Same here, it's just so incredibly sad. :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2014, 03:42:36 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 24, 2014, 01:13:45 PM
Women everywhere need to learn to say no and leave. Not just say no & then suffer in silence.

And you say Ide's views on sex are sad and disturbing?  :lol:

Yes.

I like having a willing partner, do you?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 24, 2014, 09:45:54 PM
I like having a willing partner, do you?

Depends.  Is CPR going to be involved?  Because I let my certification lapse.