Bill Cosby sex abuse scandal

Started by Caliga, November 24, 2014, 01:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 07, 2015, 05:54:52 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 07, 2015, 05:47:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 07, 2015, 12:22:30 PM
Dang.  You have a good memory, Raz.

No, he just has a lot of time on his hands.

Nah, Raz does have a very good memory.  He has demonstrated that fact a number of times through the years.

I have the unnerving ability to remember entire conversations weeks after they occurred.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on July 08, 2015, 12:07:16 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 07, 2015, 05:54:52 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 07, 2015, 05:47:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 07, 2015, 12:22:30 PM
Dang.  You have a good memory, Raz.

No, he just has a lot of time on his hands.

Nah, Raz does have a very good memory.  He has demonstrated that fact a number of times through the years.

I have the unnerving ability to remember entire conversations weeks after they occurred.

Too bad you have no ability to learn or process anything from them.

garbon

Quote from: dps on July 07, 2015, 09:27:58 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2015, 07:07:04 PM
I don't really understand the point of what you posted MIM.  Your blurb notes that there is something more for 4 for of the 50 states.

I think his point was that not only is saying "rape has a statute of limitations of 10 years in the US" inaccurate, but just the concept that there is a uniform statute of limitations across the US is off-base.

Seems like a pointless aside given that Marti's comment was that he thought 10 years was short. Posting a blurb that notes many states are shorter than that and only a handful are longer seems to ignore what Marti was saying in favor of a nitpick.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

So.....why did he just come out and admit that yes, he did buy date rape drugs?

Wonder if this could be the start of an American purge of 70s/80s celebrities ala what the UK has recently gone through.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on July 08, 2015, 01:00:04 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 08, 2015, 12:04:24 AM
Why is 30 bad and 15 good?

Are you serious?  :huh:

Seems rather arbitrary.  If a crime is heinous enough, why have a statute of limitations at all?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on July 08, 2015, 12:37:29 PM

Wonder if this could be the start of an American purge of 70s/80s celebrities ala what the UK has recently gone through.
He admitted it a while ago, during court testimony.  It's now being partially unsealed.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on July 08, 2015, 12:37:29 PM

This seems to have come out a bit out of context.  From the reports I have heard the admission was made in a law suit some years ago that he obtained the drugs for women who knew they were taking the drug. 

Malthus

The issue is: was Cosby slipping Ludes to ladies who were unaware (that is, using 'em as 'date rape' drugs), or was he just part of the '70s party drug scene and giving 'em to ladies who planned to have sex with him anyway?

The latter is bad, but not the same order of bad as the former.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on July 08, 2015, 02:44:37 PM
The issue is: was Cosby slipping Ludes to ladies who were unaware (that is, using 'em as 'date rape' drugs), or was he just part of the '70s party drug scene and giving 'em to ladies who planned to have sex with him anyway?

Well, more to the point, ladies who knew they were taking the drug and planned to have sex with him while under the influence of the drug.

derspiess

I'll never buy Jello pudding again.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 08, 2015, 02:57:26 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 08, 2015, 02:44:37 PM

Well, more to the point, ladies who knew they were taking the drug and planned to have sex with him while under the influence of the drug.

Yup.

That's one of the things ludes were for, or at least, so I've heard - by the time I was old enough, they were a rarity among the people I knew at least. Never had any myself.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

The media is painting this revelation as proof positive that Cosby is an evil rapemonger. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2015, 03:19:21 PM
The media is painting this revelation as proof positive that Cosby is an evil rapemonger. :hmm:

Well, he may well be. But using Ludes for fucking was pretty common in the '70s, among the (non-rapey) party set - or at least, so I have heard.