And we're back!

Main Menu

Woman beheaded at Oklahoma workplace

Started by jimmy olsen, September 27, 2014, 01:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 27, 2014, 01:34:07 AM
An ISIS fanboy?  :hmm:
I think mental health issues, plus online videos from ISIS are more likely to be the issue.

There was a beheading in London recently by a man with severe mental problems. I think it's maybe a bit like school shootings (except with an online video he can watch) in that the sort of saturation coverage the videos get doesn't help.

I feel the advice given in school shootings would be best followed here. But then it's not normally followed anyway so...
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on September 27, 2014, 10:15:54 AM
Yes, Islam is a Religion of peace and has nothing to do with terrorism, beheading or any violence of any kind and anybody who says that is an Islamophobe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Banu_Qurayza#Islamic_primary_sources

Are you done yet?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 27, 2014, 01:49:06 PM
I think it's maybe a bit like school shootings (except with an online video he can watch) in that the sort of saturation coverage the videos get doesn't help.
I'm always surprised that there's never any video of school shootings.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on September 27, 2014, 10:34:51 AM
Yes, Islam is a Religion of peace and has nothing to do with terrorism, beheading or any violence of any kind and anybody who says that is an Islamophobe.

that was the cultural custom of the time.
It's not like the Christian crusaders were pacifists, you know.

Are you under the bizarre impression that Viking is a big fan of Christianity? :lol:

You new here?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2014, 05:04:14 PM
Quote from: viper37 on September 27, 2014, 10:34:51 AM

that was the cultural custom of the time.
It's not like the Christian crusaders were pacifists, you know.

Are you under the bizarre impression that Viking is a big fan of Christianity? :lol:

You new here?
ya, he dislikes all religious, he just doesn't dislike them all equally :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Yes his hatred is not equal.  Perhaps he can set a camp to sort them out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

DGuller

Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2014, 04:15:47 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on September 27, 2014, 01:49:06 PM
I think it's maybe a bit like school shootings (except with an online video he can watch) in that the sort of saturation coverage the videos get doesn't help.
I'm always surprised that there's never any video of school shootings.
I imagine most schools do not allow students to record videos with their phone.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on September 27, 2014, 06:03:39 PM
Your hatred of Viking seems far more visceral and irrational than Viking's hatred of religion.

Ed Anger

Spare not the Athiest. That way lies damnation and douchebaggery.

-St Raz
The basement papers
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on September 27, 2014, 07:44:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 27, 2014, 06:03:39 PM
Your hatred of Viking seems far more visceral and irrational than Viking's hatred of religion.

I do not hate Viking. :huh:  I have never said that, nor have have I given the impression.  I like Viking, I just wish he wasn't so intolerant.  Now, I don't think Viking likes me well, I've made him see something in him that he doesn't care for.  I find the sarcastic quips of "religion of peace", terribly unpleasant.  They remind me of the sarcastic quips of "the Chosen people", or "Chosen race" that anti-Semites made prior to WWII.