News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Woman beheaded at Oklahoma workplace

Started by jimmy olsen, September 27, 2014, 01:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

An ISIS fanboy?  :hmm:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/26/woman-beheaded-oklahoma/16293737/
QuotePolice: Woman beheaded at Oklahoma workplace
AP 8:09 p.m. EDT September 26, 2014

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A man fired from an Oklahoma food processing plant beheaded a woman with a knife and was attacking another worker when he was shot and wounded by a company official, police said Friday.

Moore Police Sgt. Jeremy Lewis said police are waiting until Alton Nolen, 30, is conscious to arrest him in Thursday's attack and have asked the FBI to help investigate after co-workers at Vaughan Foods in the south Oklahoma City suburb told authorities that he recently started trying to convert several employees to Islam.

Nolen severed the head of Colleen Hufford, 54, Lewis said.

"Yes, she was beheaded," Lewis told the Associated Press before a Friday news conference.

Lewis said Nolen then stabbed Traci Johnson, 43, a number of times before Mark Vaughan, a reserve sheriff's deputy and the company's chief operating officer, shot him.

"This was not going to stop if he didn't stop it. It could have gotten a lot worse," Lewis said. "The threat had already stopped once we arrived."

Lewis said Moore police have asked the FBI to look into the man's background because of the nature of the attack, which follows a series of videotaped beheadings by Islamic State militants.

In a statement, FBI Special Agent in Charge James E. Finch said the motive for the attack has not been determined but that there is no reason to believe there is a threat to anyone else.

A law enforcement official familiar with the investigation told the AP that while there was indication that Nolen was a Muslim convert and was trying to convert others to Islam, there is so far no connection to terrorism and no evidence of any worrisome travel.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still ongoing, said Nolen had a Facebook page that was of potential interest to investigators but that "there doesn't appear to be any nexus to terrorism right now." But the official also said investigators were still looking into Nolen's background.

Johnson and the suspect were hospitalized and in stable condition Friday, Lewis said. Nolen had not yet been charged and Lewis said he didn't know what charges the suspect would face.

Oklahoma Department of Corrections records say Nolen has served time in prison and is on probation for assault and battery on a police officer. He also was convicted of cocaine possession with intent to distribute in 2011.

Corrections records show Nolen has what appear to be religious tattoos, including one referencing Jesus and one in Arabic that means "peace be with you."

Lewis said Nolen had been fired in a building that houses the company's human resources office, then immediately drove to the entrance of the business. Lewis said he didn't know why the man was fired.

A Vaughan spokeswoman said the company was "shocked and deeply saddened" by the attack.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

The Brain

Aren't Oklahoma workplaces sacred ground?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

QuoteA Vaughan spokeswoman said the company was "shocked and deeply saddened" by the attack.

I guess so.

OttoVonBismarck

CEO of that company is a reserve police, he's the one who shot / disabled the attacker.

That's how you know you're in Oklahoma.

mongers

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on September 27, 2014, 08:03:05 AM
CEO of that company is a reserve police, he's the one who shot / disabled the attacker.

Something good out of Oklahoma for a change.   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Kleves

Wouldn't it take a pretty long time to behead someone with a knife?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

mongers

Quote from: Kleves on September 27, 2014, 10:05:10 AM

I really don't want to know or even see a still from one of those videos.

Not incidentally but what is it with a few African-Americans or Black Brits wanting to behead people, other than being relatively recent converts to Islam ?

Oh and there was a case a month ago about a British guy, with mental health issues, running amok and  beheading an elderly neighbour, in I think Birmingham.  It's like some sick 21st century meme.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Viking

Yes, Islam is a Religion of peace and has nothing to do with terrorism, beheading or any violence of any kind and anybody who says that is an Islamophobe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Banu_Qurayza#Islamic_primary_sources
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on September 27, 2014, 08:03:05 AM

Fucking CEOs.  As if the 1% wasn't bad enough, now they're just going around shooting their former employees.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

Quote from: Kleves on September 27, 2014, 10:05:10 AM
You can get pretty good at it with a bit of practice.

Syt

I suppose you would cut through the soft bits first (and make sure to stand behind the beheadee), and then make sure you cut between the vertebrae. Otherwise I would think it's like cutting a salami/breat with a short knife - start on one side and work your way around. Depending on sharpness and length of knife and supposing the victim is unable to resist because he/she is unconscious, I guess it could easily be done in under a minute if you practice your technique.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: Viking on September 27, 2014, 10:15:54 AM
Yes, Islam is a Religion of peace and has nothing to do with terrorism, beheading or any violence of any kind and anybody who says that is an Islamophobe.

that was the cultural custom of the time.
It's not like the Christian crusaders were pacifists, you know.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on September 27, 2014, 10:34:51 AM

Well, good to see there's a Euroweenie moral equivalency to be made between shit that went down ten centuries ago and, oh, Tuesday.

The Brain

Quote from: viper37 on September 27, 2014, 10:34:51 AM
Quote from: Viking on September 27, 2014, 10:15:54 AM

that was the cultural custom of the time.

And once numerous Christians in the West run around beheading people it will be relevant! :cheers:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.