News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Jacob on April 15, 2022, 01:27:07 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 15, 2022, 01:18:25 PMAnother problem with attacking NATO is it seems that NATO has much better ability to counter-attack.  Right now it seems questionable that Ukraine would have the stomach to move on Donbas even if things continue working out superbly for them (a big if), because attacking is much different from ambushing.

Oh yeah? What are you basing that (the Ukrainian reluctance to counter attack) on? Not that I'm disagreeing, just curious.
A few weeks ago i posted something about An interview i saw with one of the high up leaders of Ukraine where they started that they'll try to kick the russians out of their country. All of their country. That was at a time Kiev was still under siege. So i'm guessing they have stomach all right.

DGuller

Ok, they have stomach to kick the Russians out, but do they feet to do that?

Legbiter

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 15, 2022, 08:49:48 PMhttps://mobile.twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1515085823720448002

"There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal."
"There is no strength in flesh, only weakness."
"There is no constancy in flesh, only decay."
"There is no certainty in flesh but death."

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DGuller on April 16, 2022, 02:36:05 AM:hmm: Shouldn't there be a hull attached to that thing?
There was.

It looks like the Tech Priest is pissing off the machine-spirits by not maintaining the Venerable T-55 properly.
PDH!

Josquius

I'm seeing disreputable papers reporting the Admiral of the Russian Black Sea fleet was arrested.
Good news if true. Sure to be crippling for Russian morale.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Kinda lovely to serve in a country where failure gets you arrested, rather than just sacked.

Malthus

Dammit I want one!

https://www.ukrposhta.ua/en/news/57619-ukrposhta-issued-one-million-postage-stamps-russian-warship-fk-you

Nice looking stamp.

I doubt there has ever been an official stamp created before of someone flipping the finger ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: celedhring on April 16, 2022, 11:47:50 AMKinda lovely to serve in a country where failure gets you arrested, rather than just sacked.

A step up from working at SPECTRE though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: celedhring on April 16, 2022, 11:47:50 AMKinda lovely to serve in a country where failure gets you arrested, rather than just sacked.

The example of Admiral Byng's hanging crippled the British navy in the century that followed.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

celedhring

Another dead Russian general. Apparently happened days ago but wasn't reported, he's been buried today in Russia.

https://twitter.com/yarotrof/status/1515343018471006212

According to the reporter this army is operating in Mariupol.

Jacob

Social media report, uncertain veracity but reasonable sounding:

QuoteRussia's Uralvogonzavod shuts down production. It will no longer be able to assemble any of T-72 tank (main RU tank) or newer T-90 & T-14 tanks (Armata). Reason: lack of imported components. It means more saved UA lives, is direct result of Western sanctions which should continue.

DGuller

On the less positive news, not only has the rate of Russian general deaths slowed, it has even gone negative for a time.  One of the killed lieutenant generals evidently came back to life.  :(  At least they bagged another major general recently as some sort of compensation.  That one is buried, so one way or the other he's probably going to stay dead.

Legbiter

[corpse photo removed - Jacob]

Looks like there will be plenty of chances to add more Russian generals to the pile DGuller. War ain't stopping anytime soon.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

Let's keep the corpse photos to a minimum.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017