News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Whew.  I never had a doubt that US would win, apart from a short 90 minutes stretch.

Ed Anger

DG is preparing to cheer for his Russian team.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 16, 2014, 10:20:12 PM
Good god, do I look like a masochist?

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on June 16, 2014, 10:24:31 PM

You look Russian, yes?

In soviet Russia, team watches you!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

You expect Korea to win?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 16, 2014, 10:52:29 PM
You expect Korea to win?
Well, they're not Russia, and they're playing against Russia.  That's two things going for them.

Syt

http://nymag.com/thecut/2014/06/croatian-world-cup-team-bonds-naked-in-hot-tub.html?mid=facebook_nymag

QuoteHot Shot: Croatian World Cup Team Bonds Naked in Hot Tub

The World Cup gives us so many wonderful moments: shirtless hugs, tender butt-pats, post-GOOOOOOAL facial expressions that are so joyous they could be mistaken for orgasmic ecstasy. So far, the best moment of the 2014 World Cup goes to the Croatian team. After losing to Brazil, the players took a nice, relaxing hot tub in the buff, because only winners get to wear swim trunks.

Also, major thanks to the creep-shotographer for leaving all the foliage in the frame. This way, viewers feel as if they are also hiding in the bushes, spying on the Croatians in all their naked, homoerotic glory.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Viking

Quote from: alfred russel on June 16, 2014, 08:43:55 PM
The US was the favorite in this game, and I noticed in the pool that as many people picked Ghana as the US. In particular, I think dps should report for deportation, and for picking a draw funkmonk is on the watchlist.  :P

Also, it seems Viking picked a hell of a time to not pick the favorite to win the game.  :yeah:

My reasoning was that after ditching Donovan the US wasn't the favorite anymore.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Norgy

Woohoo! Tied for first place!  :cool:

Maladict

Fell asleep after the first half. Not particularly impressed with either side, but as long as one of them denies Portugal a place in the knockout phase I'm happy.

Zanza

Syt

Not as awkward as the selfies of Podolski with her.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

She's lost lot of weight.

Norgy

Probably lent it to Greeks.