2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on June 17, 2014, 12:12:12 PM
Quote from: celedhring on June 17, 2014, 11:41:39 AM
Quote from: Maladict on June 17, 2014, 06:14:28 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 17, 2014, 06:08:05 AM
I'm actually curious to see Belgium in action, after being labelled as a potential dark horse.

Yes, but against Algeria it will be hard to tell how good they really are.
Unless they struggle, of course.

Well...

Bloody hell  :lol:
This could be the second one everybody gets wrong in the pool.

Not anymore. Retro-afro haircuts FTW!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Clearly a Jew CIA plot to keep Algeria down.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Norgy

Fellaini had a black helicopter in his hair.

Sheilbh

Hopefully Lukaku disappoints so fiercely that we can soon afford him :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Norgy

Next up; Brazil vs Mexico.

I picked Brazil as the eventual winner of this World Cup.

I know nothing about Mexico, but previous World Cups that haven't been in Mexico haven't been kind on them.
Brazil was unimpressive against Croatia. Maybe they'll show off some of the potential in the team tonight.

I hope for a better ref than against Croatia.

celedhring

Mexico have a decent record getting out of their WC groups actually, this current team looks a bit crap though.

Brazil won't probably need the referee this time.

Norgy

I remember us playing them in 1994. Our only win.

Liep

Did the referee forget his cards?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I like those Google doodles:

Saint Paul, the Octopus, PBUH.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

Thankfully Brazil - Mexico is filling the "World Cup hotties quota" just fine.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Brazil have started playing well, now they just need to not finish with a shot straight on the goalie.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk