News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Should every generation have to "start over"?

Started by MadImmortalMan, April 30, 2014, 08:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should every generation have to "start over"?

Yes--Spend it all before you die.
8 (25%)
No--Parents have a responsibility to leave their kids more than they had to start.
24 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Richard Hakluyt

She should change her name to Brienne, train in the knightly crafts and swear allegiance to the Starks.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ideologue on May 03, 2014, 06:13:07 AM
Her biological sister, my other step-sister, is a nurse anesthetist

I heard a radio spot by some association of nurse anesthetists, and the chick could not pronounce it properly. Kept leaving out the "h". All I could think was, "If you can't even say it properly, how can you do it properly?"

Yeah, the chick in the commercial was a professional anesthetist. Bleh.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

In fairness, some people might have problems with "th" sounds?

But my other step-sister isn't terribly bright, either.  She's smarter than I gave her credit for years ago--though to what extent I should give her credit for basically just doing what her mom and aunt did the same way I did more-or-less what my dad did, except it worked out for her, is debatable--but ultimately she's not the intellectual type.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)