News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Prostitution and You

Started by Jacob, April 29, 2014, 12:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does your sex life involve sex-workers or paying/ getting paid for sex?

... it is, or has at one time been, a regular part of my sex life.
2 (2.9%)
... it's something I've done/do infrequently over the years, but it's not exactly a regular feature.
1 (1.4%)
... once or twice, under special circumstances that are unlikely to happen again.
7 (10.1%)
... I have had sexual contact with someone who've received financial compensation from me directly or indirectly (or vice versa), but I wouldn't classify it as prostitution exactly.
2 (2.9%)
... no it doesn't, but only because I haven't had the right combination of opportunity and/or cash flow.
3 (4.3%)
... no it doesn't. It's unlikely but not unimaginable that it may, one day.
33 (47.8%)
... no it doesn't and it never will under any circumstances.
18 (26.1%)
The non-vote vote option, including for the smart-asses who'll claim that all or most sexual relationships are essentially prostitution.
3 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Jacob

Every so often people here refer to prostitution in various ways. It seems to me that there are some pretty different attitudes here, whether they're real or just part of peoples' schticks.

... I'm curious where people stand on this, if you're up for talking about it.

Option 4 is intended for all the various edge cases, like having (or being) a mistress (or male equivalent) where it's clear that the material rewards are a motivator for the relationship, having one night-stands where one party leaves some money for the other because it's culturally expected or because they need it, and/or various sexual acts with strippers whom you've been tipping well (or because you've been tipped well, if you're a stripper) even if it's not "real sex", etc.

Malthus

Can't imagine ever using the services of an out and out sex worker. To be honest, even if I was not married, I simply could not face having sex with a stranger where I paid - I can't see that as much fun. More like embarrasing. 

Maybe a mistress-like arrangement of some sort.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

Never happened before. Probably never will. Would do it under the right conditions though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Zanza

I see prostitutes here on like a daily basis as they hang out near where I live looking for customers, but I've never even felt attracted by the ones on the street. I've never been in any of the brothels here, so maybe it's just the street prostitutes that aren't even attractive. That wouldn't be too surprising.

I don't really have an ethical problem with the general concept of prostitution though.

Admiral Yi

I have zero moral objection to prostitution.  My issues, to the extent that I have any, concern availability, price,  and quality.

LaCroix

droughts should be handled in other ways

Iormlund

Never have, but I'd have no qualms as long as there was no coercion involved, she was good enough to get me going and I had money to spare.

celedhring

Never have. I have no moral qualms about it (as long as it isn't coerced), but paying for sex doesn't entice me much. I sort of enjoy the romantic side of a sexual relationship, so I'd only pay for something extraordinary (which I probably couldn't afford).

Most of the prossies I come across I'd not touch with a 10 yard stick, anyway.

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on April 29, 2014, 02:15:32 PM
Never have. I have no moral qualms about it (as long as it isn't coerced), but paying for sex doesn't entice me much. I sort of enjoy the romantic side of a sexual relationship, so I'd only pay for something extraordinary (which I probably couldn't afford).

Most of the prossies I come across I'd not touch with a 10 yard stick, anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXhRoY-Utxo
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

Paying for it takes a bit of the sport out of it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

I picked 4 for back in the day when I pocketed cab fare, had strangers buy me gifts.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

I used to live in an area of Downtown Toronto (Gerrard and Church streets) when I was a student, that was a notorious hooker area. I never did do THAT, but I did befriend one I would share cigarettes with at Hooker Harveys (the burger joint in the area). I would meet her for coffee and smokes every day, probably for about two and a half months until she disappeared.  :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011