News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Nationalise the railways!

Started by Josquius, April 07, 2014, 04:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

I remember pissing off my grandmother when I was a little kid and she had taken me to some event by loudly pleading with her to get the senior discount for herself, since she had probably just turned 55.  :blush:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2014, 03:25:47 PM
Quote from: Ancient Demon on April 09, 2014, 03:18:33 PM
I don't like this trend of old people getting things for free just for having lived a long time. In most of Canada they get something like a 25% discount on bus passes and that's bad enough. Completely free is ridiculous.
Dude, tell me about it.  Today I went to Wendy's for lunch and this old bag came in with a less-old bag and kept shouting to her "MAKE SURE THEY RING IT UP AS A SENIOR DRINK!" while less oldy ordered.  Then she wasted more of the cashier's time by showing an old receipt from like six months ago where she wasn't charged for a senior drink and demanding a refund. :bleeding:  Meanwhile people who are actually in a hurry were standing around waiting...

Poor baby. You want a bottle?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Oh I had already gotten my food so I didn't care in this particular instance. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Quote from: mongers on April 09, 2014, 05:10:50 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 09, 2014, 05:03:15 PM
National Trust :contract:

My dad's been running a personal boycott against the National Trust for years. None of us know why.

:lol:

Then again the focus of the national trust on toff's housing is equally baffling to me.

For instance there's a rather nice Dorset iron age hillfort about 15 miles from here, Badbury Rings, when they did some restoration work/landscaping of it, they chose to re-plant the trees and avenues some local 'worthy' had planted on it's top in the 18-19th century.

These now completely block the viewpoints from the top and disfigure it in comparison with what it would have looked like for much of it's history.  <_<
:bleeding:

I guess posh tea rooms pay more than celtic rock arrangments. :(
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

My dad's been running a personal boycott against the National Trust for years. None of us know why.

They are remarkably evil.

Most of their teashops are too poncey to sell chips for example  :mad:

Sometimes the aura of middlebrow middleclass smugness given off at their sites is so choking that my long dormant inner radical stirs and I am tempted by the thought of bloody revolution  :mad:

Valmy

I visited their website.  They look so wholesome like a public version of the Disney Corporation...hence their obvious evilness.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 13, 2014, 07:31:24 AM
Sometimes the aura of middlebrow middleclass smugness given off at their sites is so choking that my long dormant inner radical stirs and I am tempted by the thought of bloody revolution  :mad:

:lol:

Norgy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 13, 2014, 07:31:24 AM

They are remarkably evil.

Most of their teashops are too poncey to sell chips for example  :mad:

Nothing wrong with that.
I keep thinking about who'd be first up against the wall while I cast my moderate ballot in elections.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████