News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Prostitution and You

Started by Jacob, April 29, 2014, 12:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does your sex life involve sex-workers or paying/ getting paid for sex?

... it is, or has at one time been, a regular part of my sex life.
2 (2.9%)
... it's something I've done/do infrequently over the years, but it's not exactly a regular feature.
1 (1.4%)
... once or twice, under special circumstances that are unlikely to happen again.
7 (10.1%)
... I have had sexual contact with someone who've received financial compensation from me directly or indirectly (or vice versa), but I wouldn't classify it as prostitution exactly.
2 (2.9%)
... no it doesn't, but only because I haven't had the right combination of opportunity and/or cash flow.
3 (4.3%)
... no it doesn't. It's unlikely but not unimaginable that it may, one day.
33 (47.8%)
... no it doesn't and it never will under any circumstances.
18 (26.1%)
The non-vote vote option, including for the smart-asses who'll claim that all or most sexual relationships are essentially prostitution.
3 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 68

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on May 02, 2014, 04:09:19 PM
61 votes. I didn't realize we had that many members still coming through the forum!

You need to subtract Ed's 40 sock puppets

Valmy

I loved strip clubs the few times I have gone.  That informed me I needed to stay the hell away from strip clubs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on May 02, 2014, 04:17:10 PM
I loved strip clubs the few times I have gone.  That informed me I needed to stay the hell away from strip clubs.

I don't think you understand love.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 02, 2014, 04:10:53 PM
Quote from: Jacob on May 02, 2014, 04:09:19 PM
61 votes. I didn't realize we had that many members still coming through the forum!

You need to subtract Ed's 40 sock puppets

HEY NOW

I forgot the password to my only sock puppet.  :cry:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on May 02, 2014, 04:18:23 PM

What is love?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Baby, don't hurt me. Don't hurt me no more.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on May 02, 2014, 04:24:12 PM

What is love?

Apparently, around $200 an hour. If the back pages of "Now" magazine are to be believed.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: Malthus on May 02, 2014, 04:31:23 PM

What is love?

Apparently, around $200 an hour. If the back pages of "Now" magazine are to be believed.  ;)

So about $16.60 for five minutes.

Legbiter

Quote from: Jacob on May 02, 2014, 04:39:17 PMSo about $16.60 for five minutes.

Jesus Jacob 5 minutes? You're a man, not a machine.  :o
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

OttoVonBismarck

I guess only me and CdM are in this club. I voted option one, I've purchased a pros for sex, probably 15 times in my life. Wouldn't do it again.

None were street walkers, and all were while I was either in the academy or the Army itself. It basically was something I fell into, as a plebe (first year cadet at the USMA), your leave is extremely limited on weekends. In my time (and still today) women cadets are rare and disproportionately into other women versus the general population. So not only are the opportunities for sex with other cadets/students very limited (unless you're gay) versus a regular college, you also can't just leave campus as a plebe and make relationships with locals. Also there aren't many locals.

So all that being said, it wasn't uncommon for plebes to sneak off on weekends (which you would get into huge trouble for if caught, but everyone breaks the rules constantly at the academy and usually doesn't get caught), often times to go to an upperclassman's illegal off campus house (you weren't allowed to rent a house off campus, but lots of upperclass cadets did it for party house purposes.) Anyway, my first time we were doing just that and an older cadet basically explained there was a service we could call, and gave us the names of some of the prostitutes he was familiar with that were attractive/good times.

We basically stuck to a few services and some prostitutes we knew we'd have no problem sticking it to, so to speak. I'd say 90% of my encounters were while I was a cadet in those circumstances. After that, it happened a few times in the 90s primarily I think because once you've "broken your cherry" with prostitutes you realize it's not really that weird, gross, etc as you might think it'd be. There are plenty of perfectly attractive ones who you'll have a good time with, and it's something that's about pure sex with nothing else, I never had bad sex with one. My later encounters were all of the variety where a woman (madame) arranged it in a bar, you basically get approached and if you're interested, she shows you a binder of girl's photos and you pick which one you want and arrange a meeting place. I wouldn't be surprised if that process has given way to Internet listings like Craigslist or whatever these days.

I think the only reason I never did it more is for one that isn't a gross street walker it's decently expensive relative to how hard it was to meet non-prostitute women at that point in my life.

Josephus

Quote from: Malthus on May 02, 2014, 04:31:23 PM

What is love?

fuck, it's gone up since my day.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

OttoVonBismarck

I've never had intercourse with a stripper but I've also in a drunken haze paid for private dances that result in blowjobs. Strippers are extremely expensive for a lot less in return than a pros, and if you are willing to pay stripper money you can get a very high quality whore. In my time the cost of a private dance was about 3x as much as the hourly rate for a good looking call service prostitute who would let you have multiple pops and do pretty much whatever you want for the hour. The only difference in attractiveness is strippers as a rule have fake tits a lot, so if you're into silicone you won't see nearly as much of it in sex workers but certainly some do have them as well.

Ed Anger

Plus strippers will loot your house.

My friend Rick never learns.  :homestar:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on May 02, 2014, 03:46:03 PM
I've never even went into a strip joint.  If I hired a hooker it would probably be so I would have someone to play A World at War against.
If you ever decide to do this, please make a video.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points