News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Spreading fears, here's a tutorial

Started by viper37, April 04, 2014, 02:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Yellowstone eruption imminent

Apparently, animals are fleeing the park trying to go everywhere but near the super-volcano.  They interview an "expert" who happens to be a survivalist.  And they conclude with this wonder:
QuoteTo be fair, the US Geological Service says that there is no immediate danger of massive eruption in Yellowstone.

So you must ask yourself. Do you trust the geologists or the animals' instincts?

Nicely done.  Lots of people seems to believe it on FB.  I wonder how much $$ in advertising they're gonna get.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: The Brain on April 04, 2014, 02:24:15 PM
Animals fleeing is normal.
I kinda figured that.  If there are earthquakes, even small, in some places, the animal will tend to flee in opposite directions.  And since there was a 4.8 earthquake recently and some other smaller ones, I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

QuoteSo you must ask yourself. Do you trust the geologists or the animals' instincts?

Unless the animals are stopping to explain themselves I fail to see how we can conclude something that specific from their behavior.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on April 04, 2014, 02:32:13 PM
I kinda figured that.  If there are earthquakes, even small, in some places, the animal will tend to flee in opposite directions.  And since there was a 4.8 earthquake recently and some other smaller ones, I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

I think Brain was making a comment on his social life.  :secret:

mongers

Now if dolphins were leaving Yellowstone, then I'd be Worried.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

sbr

Yellowstone erupting is one thing that really freaks me out for some weird reason.  Maybe because I am in the You Will Die But It Will Be Slow And Painful zone.

mongers

Quote from: sbr on April 04, 2014, 05:54:55 PM
Yellowstone erupting is one thing that really freaks me out for some weird reason.  Maybe because I am in the You Will Die But It Will Be Slow And Painful zone.

Hey, SBR, I like the photo in you avatar, though not the added text.  :glare:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on April 04, 2014, 02:22:54 PM
Yellowstone eruption imminent

Apparently, animals are fleeing the park trying to go everywhere but near the super-volcano.  They interview an "expert" who happens to be a survivalist.  And they conclude with this wonder:
QuoteTo be fair, the US Geological Service says that there is no immediate danger of massive eruption in Yellowstone.

So you must ask yourself. Do you trust the geologists or the animals' instincts?

Nicely done.  Lots of people seems to believe it on FB.  I wonder how much $$ in advertising they're gonna get.

The animals.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Safe in Washington state from the ash fallout. Fuckers in tornado alley cant catch a break.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 04, 2014, 09:01:19 PM
Your jerky supply is gonna run out.

Cosco+Canned goods.

Besides all rifles and pistols I own, I can reload for.  ;)

Ed Anger

I think you underestimate the disruption in global food production, not to mention the supply chain being royally fucked up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 04, 2014, 09:06:22 PM
I think you underestimate the disruption in global food production, not to mention the supply chain being royally fucked up.

So much for the anti-gun nuts, eh. :lol: