News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Where In The UK Should You Actually Live?

Started by Syt, January 30, 2014, 05:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 14, 2014, 03:16:04 AM
Quote from: katmai on February 14, 2014, 03:14:09 AM
Your quiz sucks shelf, I got Texas :ultra:
Thank God someone else got the South(-ish) :lol:

Missouri is not part of the South.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 14, 2014, 03:24:15 PM
Missouri is not part of the South.

Don't tell the SEC that.  Of course it also thinks Missouri is located in the East.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

garbon

http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/where-should-you-actually-live-in-new-york-city

The New York quiz.

I got my neighborhood though I think that's likely because I said Washington Square Park was the most appealing view. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

Eddie Teach

QuoteYou got: Red Hook

Red Hook is not convenient to public transportation, but in a way, that's part of its charm. It's like a relaxed, artsy small town on the water that just happens to be adjacent to more bustling Brooklyn neighborhoods. Red Hook has fantastic restaurants, relatively spacious and inexpensive housing, a park full of food trucks, and easy access to Ikea and Fairway. Also recommended, especially if the poor subway access is a deal breaker, you're freaked out by the damage brought on to the neighborhood by Hurricane Sandy, and you've got money to spend: Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill, Brooklyn Heights, DUMBO.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Actually the Greenwich Village one is probably spot on too, though rather clipped. -_-

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on February 23, 2014, 01:58:42 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/where-should-you-actually-live-in-new-york-city

The New York quiz.

I got my neighborhood though I think that's likely because I said Washington Square Park was the most appealing view. -_-

I also chose Washington square park (which I remembered as very nice and cool when I visited the city years ago) and got Greenwich Village, with West Village and SoHo as alternatives.

I doubt I could afford living there.  :cry:

CountDeMoney

sbr

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 13, 2014, 08:10:09 PM
Which State do you actually belong in?
http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/what-state-do-you-actually-belong-in

I got Missouri :mellow:

Edit: Hey Raz :)

That is strange.  Missouri is the most luke warm of all states.  It doesn't fit my idea of you.  Note:  My idea of Shelf is a person who loves passionate intensity and authenticity.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers