News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

50 Not Out.

Started by mongers, November 02, 2013, 05:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Just dawned on many of my friends/ex-friends and peer group will be going past a 'significant' milestone over the next few months or have already past it over the last couple of months.  Namely turning 50 years old ! ! ! ! !  :gasp:

So are these 'important' birthdays actually momentous to you or do they pass you by ?

Are they occasions to look back on your life, reflex on the future ?

Did any of the other significant dates, like turning 16,18,21 or 40 have any meaning for you ?

Are there any in the future that you dread ? 

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Pain can be controlled.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

I've had a really tough time enjoying being a layabout since turning 30.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

I expect that at 40, I will simply dissolve back into the earth.  Maybe 35.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

The beauty is that while I get older old people remain the same age. :cool:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on November 02, 2013, 06:32:19 PM
I expect that at 40, I will simply dissolve back into the earth.  Maybe 35.

With the amount of toxic crap you put in your body? Please. We'll have to scoop you into a landfill.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Good point.  I'm eating a bag of Fritos right now.  My grave will be like Carthage after the Romans.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

PDH

It will be more like a tire fire on the edge of the wrong side of town.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on November 02, 2013, 07:20:17 PM
Good point.  I'm eating a bag of Fritos right now.  My grave will be like Carthage after the Romans.

A tiny bag, Ed anger hopes.
A large bag, Ed Anger expects.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

When I hit 50 I am going to have sex several times.

In the same day.

I hope.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 02, 2013, 07:23:30 PM

What's 10 1/4 oz?
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on November 02, 2013, 07:46:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 02, 2013, 07:23:30 PM

What's 10 1/4 oz?

That ain't the tiny bag.

PDH

-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on November 02, 2013, 07:31:31 PM
When I hit 50 I am going to have sex several times.

In the same day.

I hope.

It's overrated. The sex several times in a day, not the 50 part.

Admiral Yi

18, 21, 30, 40, and 50 were all significant.