News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Someone to give stalkers everywhere some hope.

Started by Berkut, May 29, 2009, 02:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Monoriu on June 02, 2009, 01:23:16 AM
I think there are many, many different ways of "stalking".  The word is often associated with the annoying, intrusive, hostile kind.  But in this case, the man probably approached her in a mature, friendly and polite manner.  Some people just assume it is the former kind just because the guy who writes the article chooses to use the word "obsessed".

He moved to another country, and bought a house in her neighborhood just so he could approach her in that "mature, polite manner". If that isn't an obsession, I don't know what is.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Monoriu

But the point is, in her mind, he probably didn't "stalk" her in the usual sense of the word.  Just because he bought a house in the neighbourhood doesn't mean he followed her 24/7.   

Drakken

Quote from: Monoriu on June 02, 2009, 08:59:35 AM
But the point is, in her mind, he probably didn't "stalk" her in the usual sense of the word.  Just because he bought a house in the neighbourhood doesn't mean he followed her 24/7.   

I wouldn't say really "stalking", but rather an erotomaniac fantasy.

Moving all the way to another country to move in her neighborhood on purpose, just to bump in her "in a random way", is definely a bit too much. Maybe not in China, but here it is definitely odd. Sure, it isn't the same as writing thousands of letters per month to someone or sending her a dead bunny, but it is still symptomatic of an obsessive behavior, because had Agnetha Fältskog been a total unknown he wouldn't have had the same behavior.

However, this time he succeeded in seducing the target of his fantasies, so it remained an quirky story to tell, especially knowing that Fältskog lived a recluse lifestyle since the mid-80s. She was probably flattered at his attention and his dedication, if the guy was nice and acted "mature" with her. What I wonder is, what would have happened if Agnetha had ultimately refused his advances? I think her welfare would have been threatened there, especially when the scorned guy lives nearby.

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on June 02, 2009, 08:59:35 AM

Stalking must be 24/7?

Anyway here's what Mr. Gert was up to after the relationship ended.

Quote"He'd call me up to three times a day and he followed me whereve I went," she told the plice. "Sometimes he's followed my car, other times he's been waiting in places where I take my walks.  My life has been extremely restricted because of this and I no longer dare go outside without having my neighbour with me."

"From the end of the relationship until he was arrested by the police, Gert wrote Agnetha 86 letters. He started rummaging through her mailbox and phoned her constantly.  When he suddently appeared outside her kitchen window on Christmas Eve, she reported him to the police."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.