Someone to give stalkers everywhere some hope.

Started by Berkut, May 29, 2009, 02:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

From the wiki article about Agnetha Faltskog, one of the singers from ABBA:

Stalking victim Former Dutch citizen Gert Van Der Graaf claims he had fallen in love with Fältskog at the age of 6, in 1974, when he saw ABBA performing "Waterloo" on Dutch TV. Since that day, Van Der Graaf was obsessed with Fältskog. As an adult, he started to make trips to Sweden and found the area where Fältskog lived. In 1997, he moved from Holland to Sweden, determined to get in contact with Fältskog. He managed to buy a small house near Fältskog's estate and also found a job in the area. Soon, he began to approach Fältskog during her walks in her neighborhood. Fältskog soon began a sexual relationship with him and he was invited to visit her home, and eventually to co-habit with her.
After about two years, Fältskog wanted to end the relationship and told Van Der Graaf. After the relationship terminated, he began to send Fältskog many letters, called her relentlessly, and visited her estate frequently without invitation. Eventually, Fältskog obtained a restraining order against Van Der Graaf. He broke the order several times and was eventually deported back to Holland. In 2005, the deportation order from Sweden ran out, and within months Van Der Graaf was again sighted near Fältskog's estate in Ekerö. [5]
Van Der Graaf claims that Fältskog seduced him and that he "did not mean to stalk her" but claimed he was still in love with her and "couldn't let go." [6 Since the deportation, Fältskog has not reported any further contact from Van Der Graaf. However, as recently as 2007, Van Der Graaf was spotted at a play at which Fältskog was in attendance. When asked, Fältskog stated that she did not know Van Der Graaf had been there and that he did not approach her.
That has to be the most successful celebrity stalker EVER.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Savonarola

Stalking victim Former Dutch citizen Gert Van Der Graaf claims he had fallen in love with Fältskog at the age of 6, in 1974, when he saw ABBA performing "Waterloo" on Dutch TV.

SHOCKING!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on May 29, 2009, 02:35:20 PM

Stalking victim Former Dutch citizen Gert Van Der Graaf claims he had fallen in love with Fältskog at the age of 6, in 1974, when he saw ABBA performing "Waterloo" on Dutch TV.

SHOCKING!

I don't see why this is generating such interest. After all, an attraction like that is perfectly natural; sometimes the sparks just fly.

Though the antics of some stalkers are enough to make your hair stand on end.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

saskganesh

Quote from: Malthus on May 29, 2009, 02:38:59 PM

SHOCKING!

I don't see why this is generating such interest. After all, an attraction like that is perfectly natural; sometimes the sparks just fly.

its fucking creepy

QuoteOverweight Dutch forklift truck driver Gert van der Graaf was an Abba fan who had pursued her for two years. She complained to the police, but in 1997 they started a romantic relationship. 'It was a very intense attention from him and after a while I felt I could not resist any more. I wanted to know him,' Agnetha said. Two years later, they had split up and by 2000 Agnetha was seeking an exclusion order.

After the disaster of her dalliance with Gert, she moved deeper into the forest, building a smaller house around a private courtyard garden. Neighbours say she barely exchanges greetings with them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1034466/Is-Abbas-Agnetha-Faltskog-finally-ready-forgive-bandmates-years-misery.html
humans were created in their own image

Malthus

Quote from: saskganesh on May 29, 2009, 02:47:04 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 29, 2009, 02:38:59 PM

SHOCKING!

its fucking creepy

QuoteOverweight Dutch forklift truck driver Gert van der Graaf was an Abba fan who had pursued her for two years. She complained to the police, but in 1997 they started a romantic relationship. 'It was a very intense attention from him and after a while I felt I could not resist any more. I wanted to know him,' Agnetha said. Two years later, they had split up and by 2000 Agnetha was seeking an exclusion order.

After the disaster of her dalliance with Gert, she moved deeper into the forest, building a smaller house around a private courtyard garden. Neighbours say she barely exchanges greetings with them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1034466/Is-Abbas-Agnetha-Faltskog-finally-ready-forgive-bandmates-years-misery.html

Heh, I was punning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_de_Graaff_generator
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

saskganesh

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on May 29, 2009, 02:32:21 PMThat has to be the most successful celebrity stalker EVER.

That's fucking awesome.  He probably popped so fast the first time with her, it broke the sound barrier.

Proof positive, kids, that perseverance and dedication pays off!

alfred russel

She was gorgeous too--I wish I knew stalking her worked before she turned 50.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ancient Demon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 29, 2009, 07:43:30 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 29, 2009, 02:32:21 PMThat has to be the most successful celebrity stalker EVER.

That's fucking awesome.  He probably popped so fast the first time with her, it broke the sound barrier.

I really hope I get the person I'm stalking soon, it will be so good.  :blush:
Lately not much progress on that front though.  :(
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

saskganesh

Quote from: Ancient Demon on May 29, 2009, 07:57:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 29, 2009, 07:43:30 PM

m.

good for him. sucks to be you.

Eddie Teach

Is he gay at least?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

In the vein of the others, try the back.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Crazy_Ivan80

there's something wrong with these "van der graafs" I'd say.
This one a stalker, another one a treehugging flippie that kills politicians

Syt

SHOCKING!

Not as shocking as Berk's new ABBA and Meryl Streep fixation.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.