News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Fed Succession

Started by The Minsky Moment, July 29, 2013, 06:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Does it even matter?  Wall Street's going to call the shots anyway.

Might as well appoint a monarch or other useless figurehead.

Admiral Yi

:lol:

How would the Fed operate if all they cared about was Teh People, Seedy?  What would they do differently?

CountDeMoney

I wouldnt know, I dont do bullshit exercises in rhetoric.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2013, 01:29:18 PM
I wouldnt know, I dont do bullshit exercises in rhetoric.

You don't know what a "properly" operating Fed would look like, but you know they're doing it wrong now.  Totally ossum.

CountDeMoney

I just dont put any stock in it, like you guys who seem to think it even matters.

And people say Liberal Arts students are useless.  Aint got shit on Economics types.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2013, 01:40:08 PM
I just dont put any stock in it

I don't know what this means, and you're not going to tell me.

CountDeMoney

It's like Tamas arguing about religion..  You True Believers are going to keep believing in your little magic show.

Admiral Yi

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2013, 09:58:46 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 17, 2013, 09:57:02 AM
I think Summers is a cautionary tale for really intelligent people like me.  He shows that even very intelligent people can fuck things up big time if they lack humility or appreciation for the limits of their intelligence.

Humility, thy name is DGuller.
Dorsey has a lot to be humble about.  Remember that time he tried to scam himself into hispanicdom, or tried to run over his own foot for some weird scammy reason?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on September 17, 2013, 07:04:23 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2013, 09:58:46 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 17, 2013, 09:57:02 AM
I think Summers is a cautionary tale for really intelligent people like me.  He shows that even very intelligent people can fuck things up big time if they lack humility or appreciation for the limits of their intelligence.

Humility, thy name is DGuller.
Dorsey has a lot to be humble about.  Remember that time he tried to scam himself into hispanicdom, or tried to run over his own foot for some weird scammy reason?

:lol:

I miss Dorsey.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

I guess Bozo wasn't available for comment, so Bloomberg had to settle for David Stockman.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

David Stockman is the only man in the US who stood up to Ronald Reagan about his deficits.  The man is a profile in courage.

The Minsky Moment

David Stockman caused those deficits.  He is at worse a profile in gross hypocrisy, at best a profile in general cluelessness.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

That's ridiculous.  The deficit is set jointly by the Congress and the president, not by the director of the OMB.