Spitzer and Weiner Lead in New Poll Because Scandal Brought Name Recognition

Started by garbon, July 16, 2013, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2013, 08:22:55 AM
My guess is Weiner is just running for office as a way of getting publicity for himself so he can try to get a reality show/write a book/etc.  In that case, the real joke is on the dumbasses who are funding his campaign.
I think that's a very poor guess.  That seat was always his target once Bloomberg decided he bought enough elections.  I guess he decided that his setback wasn't fatal for his old ambition.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 24, 2013, 08:31:40 AM
Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2013, 08:22:55 AM
My guess is Weiner is just running for office as a way of getting publicity for himself so he can try to get a reality show/write a book/etc.  In that case, the real joke is on the dumbasses who are funding his campaign.
I think that's a very poor guess.  That seat was always his target once Bloomberg decided he bought enough elections.  I guess he decided that his setback wasn't fatal for his old ambition.

Yeah I think he's serious.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Just think, once he's mayor, he won't have to settle for shittly little text pics any more - he can use billboards.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on July 24, 2013, 08:45:53 AM
Just think, once he's mayor, he won't have to settle for shittly little text pics any more - he can use billboards.  :D

Is being mayor that lucrative? Also, as it is New York, some large scale digital vid in Times Square would be more appropriate.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Ok, I just checked.  All Weiner has is a BA in political science from SUNY-Plattsburgh, so I guess he is qualified to do nothing other than trying to get elected.  I figured he had a JD and so could at least fall back on that. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2013, 08:49:04 AM
Quote from: Malthus on July 24, 2013, 08:45:53 AM

Is being mayor that lucrative? Also, as it is New York, some large scale digital vid in Times Square would be more appropriate.

Not that he'd have cash, but rather, if he can get elected as mayor of NY even though pretty well everyone in the whole world knows about his "hobby", no more need for secrecy any more is there?  ;)

Might as well have a Times Square digital vid. Might be a tourist attraction.  :hmm: I hear a rumour CdM is looking forward to seeing his nutsack.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Actually I read that Quinn was only down by a few percentage points. Not bad for a lesbian who clearly care mostly about Manhattan.

garbon

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2013, 09:49:22 AM
Also, I think he should be required to run as Carlos Danger.

:lol: You just can't make this shit up. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I guarantee "Carlos Danger" will be the most popular cat name this year.  With "Carol Danger" a close 2nd.

garbon

CountDeMoney

Malthus

derspiess

:lol:  I wouldn't be surprised if CdM quietly runs a cat name registry.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall