Spitzer and Weiner Lead in New Poll Because Scandal Brought Name Recognition

Started by garbon, July 16, 2013, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 17, 2013, 07:18:39 PM
Monica got taken care of.  Don't know what the Whitewater crew got for their silence.
What? :blink:

I meant political supporters (not necessarily constituents, but the Clinton machine's base).
Let's bomb Russia!

fhdz

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 17, 2013, 07:11:09 PM
Quote from: fhdz on July 17, 2013, 02:30:29 PM
Clinton did fine.
Maybe. But I don't think fidelity to his supporters or promises was something he was renowned for :lol:

Is fidelity to campaign promises something that lots of presidents are renowned for?
and the horse you rode in on

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on July 17, 2013, 02:34:45 PM
Okay? But again that's not where my argument stems from so I don't see how I'm "proponent of this kind of thinking."

Of course it is. People lie to their significant others all the time about all sorts of things, but you're singling out infidelity.
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

Quote from: fhdz on July 18, 2013, 12:13:11 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 17, 2013, 02:34:45 PM
Okay? But again that's not where my argument stems from so I don't see how I'm "proponent of this kind of thinking."

Of course it is. People lie to their significant others all the time about all sorts of things, but you're singling out infidelity.

Because it is kind of a biggie? Not really the same as saying "Oh honey, I have to work late" and then was actually out for drinks with the guys.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: fhdz on July 18, 2013, 12:10:33 PM
Is fidelity to campaign promises something that lots of presidents are renowned for?
I think most politicians try. They very rarely openly lie. I don't know that Clinton did much of that either, I just think he was always quite tactical.

But as I say I don't thin that's because he cheated on his wife :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Scipio

Quote from: The Brain on July 16, 2013, 12:24:33 PM
How many people can name their governor? Unless he's Arnold? Or whatshername?
When you have a staggeringly incompetent and infamously stupid governor like mine, his name is literally on the lips of every resident in the state at least once a day.  Usually in unfavorable connection with the intellectual and policy-making superiority of the prior governor, who despite being the evil genius behind the election of every Republican president since Reagan is fondly regarded as ideologically neutral, due to his preference for non-stupid policies.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Scipio

This is consistent with the hand-wringing moralizing of women on the left, who enjoy the degradation and abuse heaped upon them by male Democrats so long as those male Democrats promise them the right to kill fetuses.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

DGuller

Quote from: Scipio on July 19, 2013, 09:58:47 AM
This is consistent with the hand-wringing moralizing of women on the left, who enjoy the degradation and abuse heaped upon them by male Democrats so long as those male Democrats promise them the right to kill fetuses.
Raz, can you spare some of your meds for Scips?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: Scipio on July 19, 2013, 09:56:29 AM
Quote from: The Brain on July 16, 2013, 12:24:33 PM
How many people can name their governor? Unless he's Arnold? Or whatshername?
When you have a staggeringly incompetent and infamously stupid governor like mine, his name is literally on the lips of every resident in the state at least once a day.  Usually in unfavorable connection with the intellectual and policy-making superiority of the prior governor, who despite being the evil genius behind the election of every Republican president since Reagan is fondly regarded as ideologically neutral, due to his preference for non-stupid policies.

Your state sounds like some kind of hellhole. :o
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Phillip V

Explicit Exchanges by Weiner After His Resignation

After new leaks today, Weiner admits continuing online sexual contact with other women after he resigned from Congress, including sending pictures of his penis.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/24/nyregion/allegations-surface-of-explicit-exchanges-by-weiner-after-his-resignation.html

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points