Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

I turn my phone off during class.  :smarty:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 30, 2012, 07:18:55 PM
I turn my phone off during class.  :smarty:

I would give you an 'A'. :smarty:

Maybe even a smiley face sticker on your next test.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

Caliga, I think that selfishness is a great impetus for societal progress. It is selfish for everyone to decide to spend the money of the wealthy to care for the poor- it's something everyone could agree on with the idea that they'll benefit more from it than others. It can be regarded as confiscation of wealth or coercion of the capitalist class or etc etc. I do genuinely support it because of care for the disadvantaged and a distaste for wealth disparity, though. I guess i'm not upset enough to communist like ide. Still, I won't be ashamed of caring for others.

But I do think a sense of racial/national identity, sense of community and regard for the welfare of that collective cultural continuity is a very real thing, albeit not in America, of course, which flirted with multiculturalism to its shame. Rising disparity of wealth is something that undermines feelings of group harmony and solidarity, which is bad for a nation.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

I think you need to stop thinking about eating faces.

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on May 30, 2012, 07:01:21 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on May 30, 2012, 02:25:17 PM

Because after all, we should care about each other and want to provide for the needs of those we can care about- which is most easiest with those like us, or at the very least those who can abide by the societal construct and obey the laws and culture of whatever given land it is.

That's all. :)

Lettow, Ide doesn't have sympathy for communism out of compassion for each member of society, but because he wants to string up and/or confiscate the possessions of those who have more money than he does.

:P (sort of)

Nonsense.  I pay my taxes with a smile.

Lettow, while your summary of the perception may be correct, it is important to note that it's actually taking money from rich Northerners and giving it to all Southerners, because we cannot afford our own basic First World shit like roads, schools, or police, let alone a social safety net.  Which is the really hilarious part about voting for Republicans and austeritards who want to take all that away.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)