News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on August 22, 2024, 03:11:05 PMIt's a veritable who's who of horrible humans that have been named in the lawsuit. I wish them all the fullest penalties enforceable by law.  :)

You are clearly biased against people who have made it their life's purpose to destroy you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2024, 03:13:38 PM
Quote from: Sophie Scholl on August 22, 2024, 03:11:05 PMIt's a veritable who's who of horrible humans that have been named in the lawsuit. I wish them all the fullest penalties enforceable by law.  :)

You are clearly biased against people who have made it their life's purpose to destroy you.

Much like those named in the lawsuit, I am guilty as charged!   :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2024, 03:12:10 PMHow can she be this amazing successful author and decide to only write dumbass anti-Trans tweets on the internet the rest of her life? She could be writing anything.
In fairness she's still writing about a Strike book a year I think and is, I believe, quite involved in adaptations of her stuff - like the Strike series or the HBO Potter series.

Her tweeting is, as it were, purely gratuitous.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 22, 2024, 03:16:59 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2024, 03:12:10 PMHow can she be this amazing successful author and decide to only write dumbass anti-Trans tweets on the internet the rest of her life? She could be writing anything.
In fairness she's still writing about a Strike book a year I think and is, I believe, quite involved in adaptations of her stuff - like the Strike series or the HBO Potter series.

Her tweeting is, as it were, purely gratuitous.

Wait...there is a HBO Potter series?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Sheilbh

I think it's being made now. From my understanding a full season for each school year instead of a book per year, but I could be wrong.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 22, 2024, 03:27:06 PMI think it's being made now. From my understanding a full season for each school year instead of a book per year, but I could be wrong.

So just retelling the same story? Who is asking for this?

Ah well.

Edit: Prediction leftwing people will hate it because of JK Rowling's twitter shenanigans, right wing people will hate it because Hermione will be black.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2024, 03:30:39 PMSo just retelling the same story? Who is asking for this?

Ah well.
Big fantasy IP with an established audience from a studio that already owns the rights? It's a miracle we're only getting one adaptation (if it succeeds - we'll be getting many more).
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 22, 2024, 03:35:01 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2024, 03:30:39 PMSo just retelling the same story? Who is asking for this?

Ah well.
Big fantasy IP with an established audience from a studio that already owns the rights? It's a miracle we're only getting one adaptation (if it succeeds - we'll be getting many more).

I guess. I mean we get more Star Wars and Tolkien stuff but it isn't just literally retelling the original trilogies.

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2024, 03:30:39 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 22, 2024, 03:27:06 PMI think it's being made now. From my understanding a full season for each school year instead of a book per year, but I could be wrong.

Ah well.

Edit: Prediction leftwing people will hate it because of JK Rowling's twitter shenanigans, right wing people will hate it because Hermione will be black.

I have no problem divorcing art from it's creator.

Just be sure to steal it and not pay for it legitimately :p
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2024, 03:30:39 PM

Ah well.

Could go like the game that everyone was told to hate but apparently was pretty good.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on August 22, 2024, 03:43:47 PMCould go like the game that everyone has told to hate but apparently was pretty good.

Well that was because the normies liked it.

I got the game for my son, he said it was alright but it didn't hold his attention for long.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2024, 03:30:39 PMEdit: Prediction leftwing people will hate it because of JK Rowling's twitter shenanigans, right wing people will hate it because Hermione will be black.
Maybe. I think it might reveal how few people are particularly political. I mean there's a worldwide touring Michael Jackson musical and upcoming biopic - if the value of and attachment to the underlying work of art is strong enough, people will overlook an awful lot.

And on Rowling I think Hogwarts Legacy was relatively successful and (I could be wrong) but I feel gaming is more politicised (because more online) than general TV watchers.

QuoteI have no problem divorcing art from it's creator.

Just be sure to steal it and not pay for it legitimately :p
I don't think I'll be able to read Alice Munro again - and have given her books to the charity shop. But the art and the real-life revelations feel a little too close there.
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2024, 03:45:16 PM
Quote from: HVC on August 22, 2024, 03:43:47 PMCould go like the game that everyone has told to hate but apparently was pretty good.

Well that was because the normies liked it.

I got the game for my son, he said it was alright but it didn't hold his attention for long.

:o
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

What? It's not his fault JK Rowling sucks.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2024, 03:12:10 PMShe could be writing anything.
She already wrote Harry Potter books.  Hasn't she inflicted enough damage damage on the world?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.