News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: Syt on October 24, 2023, 08:11:13 AMNice. :)

I remember on Audiosurf, using some extra long songs to create tracks (12-30 minutes), esp. of the metal variety, would become quite strenuous, so kinda dreading a 2+ hours course. :D

Yeah, I used to love Audiosurf but I don't think I ever tried anything longer than 4 or 5 minutes.

The Brain

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint. I got it cheap. I loved Wildlands so I'm having fun so far.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Quote from: The Brain on October 25, 2023, 05:21:23 AMGhost Recon: Breakpoint. I got it cheap. I loved Wildlands so I'm having fun so far.

Have you played Cyberpunk?

I loved Wildlands as well. I thought world-building was really on point, and Ghost Mode (hardcore) was quite fun.

I recently started playing Cyberpunk and it's definitely stimulating that same part of the brain for me.

The Brain

Quote from: Iormlund on October 25, 2023, 07:20:06 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 25, 2023, 05:21:23 AMGhost Recon: Breakpoint. I got it cheap. I loved Wildlands so I'm having fun so far.

Have you played Cyberpunk?

I loved Wildlands as well. I thought world-building was really on point, and Ghost Mode (hardcore) was quite fun.

I recently started playing Cyberpunk and it's definitely stimulating that same part of the brain for me.

I have played a bit of Cyberpunk. I liked it (it was fairly recently, so I came to it with realistic expectations), and I will likely play more at some point.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Two weeks vacation coming up. I'm keen on playing EU4 some more, but I also want to get back into Age Of Wonders 4. Loved it for the weeks after launch, but haven't spent much time with the expansions, and a new one (eldritch) just came out. Also, Elden Ring DLC is coming out today or tomorrow, and I want to take another crack at the game, but I know it would probably be a 300h thing for me and how slow I explore in these things. :D And on top of it, the Victoria 3 DLC is coming next week (though I have low confidence in how polished/balanced/not broken it will be :P ).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

It is summer, go out and enjoy it during your vacation.  Leave computer games for when it is not nice outside.  :)

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 20, 2024, 12:12:18 PMIt is summer, go out and enjoy it during your vacation.  Leave computer games for when it is not nice outside.  :)

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 20, 2024, 12:12:18 PMIt is summer, go out and enjoy it during your vacation.  Leave computer games for when it is not nice outside.  :)

Hi, I don't think we've met, I'm Syt. Pleased to meet you. :)

:P

I don't like being outside. Especially not when it's hot outside.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on June 20, 2024, 12:19:51 PM

Hi, I don't think we've met, I'm Syt. Pleased to meet you. :)

:P

I don't like being outside. Especially not when it's hot outside.

I realized that there would be a negative reaction.  But I think it is more healthy for you to not simply hear the evitable reinforcing views that would be expressed here that it's a good idea to spend your free time in front of a screen.

Syt

Well, if there was a place around here where I could have peace and quiet while reading a book and also not sweat like a pig, I might look into that. However, such places don't really exist in or near the city, unless you have a car (or at least have a driver's license). :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on June 20, 2024, 01:00:39 PMWell, if there was a place around here where I could have peace and quiet while reading a book and also not sweat like a pig, I might look into that. However, such places don't really exist in or near the city, unless you have a car (or at least have a driver's license). :P

https://www.raileurope.com/en/journey/vienna-bari-1yncnq5

;)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on June 20, 2024, 01:00:39 PMWell, if there was a place around here where I could have peace and quiet while reading a book and also not sweat like a pig, I might look into that. However, such places don't really exist in or near the city, unless you have a car (or at least have a driver's license). :P

Getting out, walking about, and maybe even sweating a bit might even be good for you  :)

Syt

For me the best to recharge my batteries is peace and quiet. There's a very high probability that I can get that at home. There's a very low probability to get that anywhere I feel traveling to.

Everyone recharges differently, and if people like to do this by being active in nature or meeting people or lie in the sun, sleeping, that's great, but I've tried that in the past and it just doesn't do much for me. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould