Civilization VII

Started by Syt, June 07, 2024, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Teaser trailer:

Gameplay changes are ...

... going to be showcased in August. <_<

Release: 2025.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

It seems every subsequent civ game has a shorter and shorter time span before it gets a sequel.
Probably just me getting old and feels rather than facts. But still.
Don't think I ever did finish a game of 6 so I'm pretty Meh on this.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Dude.

Civ 1: 1991
Civ 2: 1996 (5 yrs)
Civ 3: 2001 (6 yrs)
Civ 4: 2005 (4 yrs)
Civ 5: 2010 (5 yrs)
Civ 6: 2016 (6 yrs)
Civ 7: 2025 (9 yrs)

:P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josquius on June 08, 2024, 01:27:13 AMIt seems every subsequent civ game has a shorter and shorter time span before it gets a sequel.
Probably just me getting old and feels rather than facts. But still.
Don't think I ever did finish a game of 6 so I'm pretty Meh on this.

Civ 6 is quite old though.
And while it looks nice... "booh" at teaser trailers. They say nothing

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on June 08, 2024, 01:32:22 AMDude.

Civ 1: 1991
Civ 2: 1996 (5 yrs)
Civ 3: 2001 (6 yrs)
Civ 4: 2005 (4 yrs)
Civ 5: 2010 (5 yrs)
Civ 6: 2016 (6 yrs)
Civ 7: 2025 (9 yrs)

:P

Indeed
Civ6 was 25th jubilee for civ

Josquius

Weird. So it's the biggest gap between 7 and 6.
2 seemed to be THE game forever.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Josquius on June 08, 2024, 01:37:22 AMWeird. So it's the biggest gap between 7 and 6.

Continuing the "vibes" theme - III was for sure the least memorable to me. I had it, I recall I didn't really enjoy it, and it didn't seem to leave the big imprint that Civ2 and Civ 4 had, respectively.

Civ 6 may feel "newer" because the stylized gfx haven't aged that terribly (and maybe the more colorful designs of VI feel more contemporary now?), and it has kept pushing out civs and leaders DLCs till 2022.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I do remember 3s pop culture thing and culture flipping was cool, though too rare to actually happen.

Also with age... I do think games in general have sort of Plateaued as compared to the generational leap every 5 years we used to get. 
A game from 2010 isn't tooooo different to a game of today, 2016 is basically yesterday.
PS 3 to 4 to 5 is nothing compared to MD to PS1 to PS2.

██████
██████
██████

Syt

That's definitely true. The big graphical leaps don't really happen any more at the moment.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josquius on June 08, 2024, 01:37:22 AMWeird. So it's the biggest gap between 7 and 6.

Probably because we were young, and time flowed differently then

Valmy

The lack of an Elvis impersonator has ruined every Civ since Civ 2.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

BUILD CITY WALLS!!!  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on June 08, 2024, 03:08:47 AMThe lack of Civ 2 has ruined every Civ since Civ 2.

Fixed
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Zanza

Syt

Well, yeah. -_-

(Unless there's some egregious form of micro transactions or other monetization in place)
—Stephen Jay Gould