And we're back!

Main Menu

Civilization VII

Started by Syt, June 07, 2024, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

The "Founders Edition" with the first two DLCs is 129 Euro.  :wacko:

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on August 24, 2024, 02:36:37 AMThe "Founders Edition" with the first two DLCs is 129 Euro.  :wacko:

Yeah, saw that. :lol:

"Still cheaper than a Paradox game with all DLC!" - Capital G Gamers, probably. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

saskganesh

People don't finish long games for many reasons. But they will start over and play some more. The real fun is usually found in the start up and middle. Endings are often an anticlimax.

Replayability is a sign of a good game. Shortening the mid-game won't make it necessarily more fun.
humans were created in their own image

Syt

The problem is always to make the game interesting and open till the end. Many times the game might be decided half way through, but then it's just a slog to "clean the board." Stuff like crises, late game ganging up on the points leader etc. can mitigate that somewhat, but you probably also want to avoid a situation where the player has to relentlessly min/max to stay in the game (because while some players like that, I'd assume the vast majority of players don't; and I'd argue the "interesting decisions" design suffers when you need to make (near-)optimal decisions at all times).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.