Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Rumors of the French thinking of sending special forces into Ukraine to, at least, create a strategic conundrum for Russia.

It would be great to see the Legion in action.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 01, 2024, 09:04:38 PMRumors of the French thinking of sending special forces into Ukraine to, at least, create a strategic conundrum for Russia.

IMO this is probably better worded as "French considering revealing they have special forces in Ukraine".

Seems likely to me there's Brits and French already there in some capacity.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josquius on March 02, 2024, 05:27:19 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 01, 2024, 09:04:38 PMRumors of the French thinking of sending special forces into Ukraine to, at least, create a strategic conundrum for Russia.

IMO this is probably better worded as "French considering revealing they have special forces in Ukraine".

Seems likely to me there's Brits and French already there in some capacity.

I would not be surprised, if it were the case.

Tamas

Actually, let's say the war goes really bad for Ukraine in the Donbass, what if some NATO countries say, ok we are deploying peace keepers on the west bank of the Dnepr? I could see this work, but only if it would be accompanied by signalling Russia that there can be a peace settlement with border changes. Which would be quite a bad thing for international order, still.

Tonitrus

The Brain

Can't anything be (fig-leaf) dismissed as AI-made material these days?

Obviously the Russians trying to make it Germany planning an attack on the bridge is very weak stuff. If the article is correct the conversation is about Ukraine attacking the bridge.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on March 02, 2024, 11:59:50 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 02, 2024, 11:44:21 AMGermans taking a hit again...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68457087

:bleeding:

the only proper reaction is to blow that bridge.
And accept that the Russians are at war with the civilized world

Tamas

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 02, 2024, 12:10:35 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 02, 2024, 11:44:21 AMGermans taking a hit again...

Yes. I was more reacting to the Germans being full of Russian sympathisers and spies.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on March 02, 2024, 01:05:57 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 02, 2024, 12:10:35 PM

Yes. I was more reacting to the Germans being full of Russian sympathisers and spies.
I know. Not a dig at you.
The Germans finally have a chance to be on the right side in a conflict and they seem to be effing that up.

Sheilbh

To be clear Germany's the biggest supporter of Ukraine in Europe, in material terms. And I think the Zeitenwende is real.

But I think a lot of figures in German elite circles (politicians, security and foreign policy world) are struggling to follow through the logic of what Germany's policies and statements mean. That doesn't negate the policies and statements.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zoupa

The Brits are not doing that much but have great PR. The Germans are doing a lot but have terrible PR. The French are a mixture of both.

I'm over generalizing but you know what I'm saying.

Josquius

Given Russias recent reporting of the German military basically openly chatting about state secrets in the middle of a Moscow street... And how obsessed they are with the war...
Germany is in a weird place where it can be helpful that their aid is drastically under emphasised.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zoupa on March 02, 2024, 03:47:20 PMThe Brits are not doing that much but have great PR. The Germans are doing a lot but have terrible PR. The French are a mixture of both.

I'm over generalizing but you know what I'm saying.
Basically yes - from a UK perspective this is very true since Sunak took over.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

From what we know that's pretty devastating incompetence. Makes you wonder if Germany is a partner you share sensible information with.