Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

First pic of that Russian corvette struck in drydock.

Might need 3 coats of paint to fix.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Josquius

Who'd have thought of all the fronts in this war it'd be the naval one where Ukraine would be seriously kicking arse.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Legbiter on November 06, 2023, 02:00:06 PMFirst pic of that Russian corvette struck in drydock.

Might need 3 coats of paint to fix.  :hmm:

What am I looking at?   :hmm:  I guess it's a good sign for the attackers if people are not sure what they're looking at after the attack.

Legbiter

The before pic of missile corvette Askold.

It seems to eat 3 Storm Shadow missiles in this clip. Last hit very impressive.

https://twitter.com/ukraine_map/status/1721597089908408756
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Zoupa

They were actually SCALP-EG according to the Ukrainians.  :frog:

HisMajestyBOB

That damage is way to large and messy to be from a scalpel.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

The Brain

Maybe the Muscovites should stop naming their ships after people from Ukrainian history.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

QuoteMILITARY & STRATEGIC:
UKRAINE MOVES HEAVY EQUIPMENT OVER DNEPR

Ukraine has been spotted moving a BTR-4 aboard a PTM-2 amphibious vehicle across the Dnepr at Krynky.
The vehicle seen in the water was taken from Russian sources but has been verified. The second photo shows the amphibious vehicle and how it works.
In addition to this news Russian channels say that Ukraine has been using electronic warfare drone boats that are responsible for Russian drones 'falling out of the sky'.
The advent of the BTR's crossing the Dnepr is causing a great deal of anguish in the Russian lines and they're complaining they only have their guns and nothing else to fight with.

The Russians are now complaining that the Ukrainians were given the minefield and defence layout data for the southern bank of the Dnepr by Russian soldiers who were captured.
The drone electronics boats are the result of the attack on the southern side of the Antonovski bridge. That was made possible by a transportable jammer that kept Russia from using its drones - but is revealed has having been hit when they used an Iskander to take it out over three months ago. Realising that fixed EW was always going to be a problem crossing, the Ukrainians developed the fast moving EW drone boats to prevent them from being hit but provide continuous support. Without them it was feared the move on the occupied bank would be too difficult to sustain with Russian FPV drones everywhere.
Ukraine has also deployed its first 30km range FPV superior to the recent 22km ranged one deployed recently. This was developed quickly and deployed  specifically for this operation to provide deeper support.
So clearly we're now seeing the Ukrainians are making this a much more serious permanent landing, and seem to have intentions of holding ground and if possible expanding what they've taken as resources allow.
The question is what will the Russians do about it? They have the resources to push the offensive move back if they can deploy the necessary forces. However that's not how their command works. The local commander will be expected to contain it with the resources he has. If he is competent and capable enough and does he have willing manpower?
We'll find out soon enough. The key here is what HQ thinks of the threat. If the high command doesn't really see a threat they'll do nothing. Just contain it and kill it over time will be their policy. Not so sure it will work that way in practice! The question is how much and how far have the Ukrainians managed to get across? And how long before stopping them is impossible?
I can't wait to find out. A breakout here would be remarkable and dangerous for the Russians!

Slava Ukraine 🇺🇦!

Good vibes.
Whilst Advika continues to see a disaster (albeit only on one front) the crossing looks to be really becoming something.

Interesting bit about how Russian command works in such a sioled fashion. Makes me wonder whether it might not be intentional from Ukraine to try and keep fronts they wish to press just on the size of "local problem". They certainly have exploited creating bigger problems to draw in Russian numbers in the past.
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Last I checked is that avdiivka appears pretty stable for the amount of firepower, material and manpower the Russians are throwing against it. So no massive breakthroughs. Of course many small incremental advances will equally yield result since a Russian life is worth nothing apparently.

Josquius

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on November 07, 2023, 08:03:09 AMLast I checked is that avdiivka appears pretty stable for the amount of firepower, material and manpower the Russians are throwing against it. So no massive breakthroughs. Of course many small incremental advances will equally yield result since a Russian life is worth nothing apparently.

Russia is making progress from one side.
In terms of pure numbers being traded it in no way makes sense... But Russia doesn't care. It's progress. They're not going to run out of men and they see making a gain here as key to winning the war - "liberating" all of Donetsk, showing the world Ukraine is losing and supporting ukraine is pointless, pushing Ukraine into a worse position for what is potentially the last year of fighting before (they gamble) the republicans win in the US and Europe loses interest.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

The Swedish military has delivered a report to the government on the feasibility of sending Gripens to Ukraine. The report is top secret so we don't know what it says yet.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Brain on November 07, 2023, 03:35:33 PMThe Swedish military has delivered a report to the government on the feasibility of sending Gripens to Ukraine. The report is top secret so we don't know what it says yet.

But the Russians already know then...

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 07, 2023, 09:23:29 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 07, 2023, 03:35:33 PMThe Swedish military has delivered a report to the government on the feasibility of sending Gripens to Ukraine. The report is top secret so we don't know what it says yet.

But the Russians already know then...

In the age of digital documents, we can no longer shred one copy so that the Russians don't get it

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on November 07, 2023, 07:45:28 AMGood vibes.
Whilst Advika continues to see a disaster (albeit only on one front) the crossing looks to be really becoming something.
One other sign there might be something coming from the crossings is that Russia has done one of their briefs about provocations and rising nuclear risk. Which normally happens when they've got something to worry about from the Ukrainians.
Let's bomb Russia!