And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead Pool 2023

Started by Josephus, December 26, 2022, 06:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Always find it interesting which famous people have people on social media sharing great stories about that person - for example, I think everyone's estimation of George Michael increased after his death as there was a flood of stories about his kindness, something similar with Sir Roger Moore.

It's definitely happened with Michael Gambon. In a highly competitive field, I think this is the best story I've seen:
QuoteDanny Lee Wynter
@dannyleewynter
Months after filming the Stephen Poliakoff gig I was walking out of a screening room in Soho with Michael Gambon. I'd never seen myself on screen. It was pre dubbing, no music, hadn't been graded, just the bare bones of a film. My heart sank. I thought I'd fucked it

I also sensed Michael wasn't happy with himself either. "You're good in it" he said lighting up a fag. "I suppose yer gonna go bumming in soho now, are you? You know I tried it once, it made my eyes water." We walked down Dean Street, everyone staring at us.
As we walked I looked up & to my shock saw my Dad walk past. We locked eyes & then he carried on walking. Me & my father share a complex relationship. But I was stunned he was going to walk on. "Dad!" I cried out. He looked up, came over & I introduced them.
I then watched my father morph into a big kid. He kept calling him "Sir" & banging on about Lock Stock. "Your son did good" Gambonie told him of the film we just watched. "So did you" I said. "Oh, shut up you!" Gambon barked, "What do you know, eh?" The two men laughed.
I didn't feel embarrassed like I'd done in the past. Perhaps there were times when Dad was embarrassed of who I was. But I felt proud. Proud cos I'd become an actor with zero encouragement, not too dissimilar from this man who my father now called "Sir."
I felt my Dad's love on that street, though I'd long since cared about seeking it. Gambon already knew about my old man when months before we were stuck in a canoe in Bodium Castle. For an entire day we covered everything; childhood, religion, sexuality, idols, regrets.
Now here they were. After we said goodbye we carried on walking in silence toward China Town. Gambon out of nowhere said "Funny things, fathers ... Try to be happy, Danny. U must try." Then he walked off & I watched him bleed into the crowd... The Singing Detective. I idolised him
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

R.I.P. Senator Dianne Feinstein  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Hamilcar

Quote from: Caliga on September 29, 2023, 08:17:25 AMR.I.P. Senator Dianne Feinstein  :(

Died too young doing what she loved.  :cry:

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on September 29, 2023, 08:17:25 AMR.I.P. Senator Dianne Feinstein  :(

This video of Sen Feinstein basically telling a bunch of child "climate activists" to basically fuck off is kind of awesome,  I have to admit.

https://twitter.com/SirajAHashmi/status/1707754008863981980
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2023, 12:48:35 PM

This video of Sen Feinstein basically telling a bunch of child "climate activists" to basically fuck off is kind of awesome,  I have to admit.

https://twitter.com/SirajAHashmi/status/1707754008863981980

:lmfao:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Dick Butkus, the greatest center linebacker to play the game, died at age 80.

He died in his sleep at his home in....Malibu! :o

Admiral Yi

Center linebacker? :unsure:

I've been tainted by too much fodbol.  I need to limit my consumption of non American sports.

PDH

RIP - I always thought he had to be one mean motherfucker with a name like Dick Butkus
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Who know the whole nine yards was a cursed movie
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Richard Moll also passed away recently.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: HVC on October 29, 2023, 10:16:35 AMWho know the whole nine yards was a cursed movie

"From where you're kneeling, this must seem like an 18-carat run of bad luck. The truth is, the game was rigged from the start."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.