Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Also even if the US just decided to no longer send surplus shit to Ukraine, there are lots of Euro countries who would still be eager to do so. Orban, of all people, should know the US isn't some overlord who can make the NATO countries do what we want.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on August 31, 2023, 09:49:30 AMAlso even if the US just decided to no longer send surplus shit to Ukraine, there are lots of Euro countries who would still be eager to do so. Orban, of all people, should know the US isn't some overlord who can make the NATO countries do what we want.

Why do you assume Orban is attempting to convey factually correct information?

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on August 31, 2023, 09:27:27 AMRussia is getting stronger and stronger by expending hundreds of thousands of casualties, blowing their few resources on a pointless war, and driving hundreds of thousands of their young people into exile? Seems a weird way to get stronger.
It's 5D chess.  You can not understand that deep strategy. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Josquius

As well as thoughts about the mines being the main blocker heard something interesting today, supposedly from a ukrainian commander.
That the first line, now breached, was where Russia spent 60% of its forces.
The second was only equipped by 20%.
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josquius on September 03, 2023, 01:16:59 AMAs well as thoughts about the mines being the main blocker heard something interesting today, supposedly from a ukrainian commander.

The main line being undermanned is indeed something that has been mentioned repeatedly since the uaf reached it.

Josquius

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on September 03, 2023, 01:56:48 AM
Quote from: Josquius on September 03, 2023, 01:16:59 AMAs well as thoughts about the mines being the main blocker heard something interesting today, supposedly from a ukrainian commander.

The main line being undermanned is indeed something that has been mentioned repeatedly since the uaf reached it.

Is this what was meant?
I was unsure by the phrasing. I took it to mean prepared rather than currently manned. Less exciting if its manned.
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josquius on September 03, 2023, 05:03:38 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on September 03, 2023, 01:56:48 AM

Is this what was meant?
I was unsure by the phrasing. I took it to mean prepared rather than currently manned. Less exciting of its manned.

Mh, not sure. It might actually be both cause apparently those copecones weren't properly dug in or of a good quality. And the fortification stretches on of course so I wouldn't be surprised if part of the funds found their way into pockets rather than dugouts

mongers

Confirmation that at least two IL-76 where wrecked in the Ukrainian attack on the airbase nr the Estonian border.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

The Nobel Foundation recently invited the Russian ambassador to this year's festivities in Stockholm. After a day they withdrew the invitation, citing massive protest storm (NB they're not saying that inviting the Russian ambassador was a bad idea). I hope that whatever they got from Putin was worth it to seriously damage their reputation.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote"The $175m that the US is providing in direct military aid is to support the Ukrainian military counteroffensive namely by providing among other things depleted uranium munitions that would be fired from Abrams tanks, 10 of which will be arriving in Ukraine mid-September," she said.

:cool:

Are those the first of the M1 tanks or have others already been sent?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

I wonder whether the US is actually sending more tanks than its admitting to.
Though Abrams aren't ideal world the best, spares are plentiful, the US has tonnes unused in storage.
And there certainly would be advantages to Russia spotting the abrams battalion in one place only to be hit by them elsewhere.
But could this even be possible on the US side with how much scrunity and difficulty doing every little thing is for Biden?
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

https://en.topwar.ru/225699-v-delte-dunaja-i-na-chernom-more-projdut-voennye-uchenija-vms-rumynii-i-ssha.html

This struck me as interesting. Seeing it reported in a few places. US, Romania and Ukraine to hold exercises around the danube delta.
Direct collaboration with Ukraine....
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

so something about the UK sending airplanes to guards ships shipping Ukrainian grain?

Zoupa

Rumors of ATACMS for Ukraine. That would probably mean german Taurus as well. That bridge is so fucked lol.